what's included rccl vs. carnival

Hello! My DH and I will be taking our second cruise this September on the Enchantment of the Seas. We recently completed our first cruise on Carnival's Celebration, so have some questions comparing the two lines.

a. is there iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch, coffee, h2o available at no charge 24/7 on RCCL? Same question re: soft serve ice cream?

b. carnival is known for it's terrific pizza that is available fresh 24/7...does RCCL have anything similar?

c. for those of you who have sailed both lines before, would you say that in general rccl ships offer more activities and things to do? I myself was slightly bored/antsy on the sea days, although I do realize that the Celebration is one of carnival's older ships.

Thanks in advance! This board is great!!:)

Not sure on Enchantment, but on Explorer they have iced water, iced and hot tea, lemonade, and coffee free of charge. They also have fruit juice during breakfast hours. Pizza was available 24 hours a day in the Promendade cafe and thru room service. Not sure if Enchantment has Promenade Cafe but, if not, pizza would be available 24-hours thru room service. They did have soft serve throughout the day and early evening free of charge.

Typically Carnival is heavy on activities but since Celebration is older I would think activities on RCCL would be more numerous than what you experienced on Celebration.

When we sailed the Enchantment in 2003 (before the stretch) there were all the beverages you listed available free of charge in the Windjammer and through room service. There was pizza available at the Solarium throughout the evening and early morning hours and available 27/7 through room service.

You'll love this ship, it is beautiful and had a wonderful staff when we sailed her. Should be even better now with the added mid-section.

Sue

I have sailed both lines. There is not a 24/7 pizza area available on Enchantment like they have on CC. They do have the drinks available you mentioned in the Windjammer. I feel the activities are better on RC. I may have had a bad experience with Carnival but I will never cruise Carnival again. I found that the kids, teens etc were very rowdy and out of control. I took my 13 yr old granddaughter along and she was harrassed by these kids and when it was brought to the attention of the cruisline, nothing was done about it. We embarked from NY and I don't know if they ran a special but a lot of low class people were on the ship. I am not a high class person but I don't appreciate 15-17 yr olds grabbing my granddaughter on areas of her body that should not be touched! I hope you enjoy your cruise and experience with RC.

We are going on our first Carnival cruise in 4 and a half years on Fri and had always been fully entertained with activities. We really enjoy RCI's Voyager class ships where people can't help but find something to do, but we still enjoy Carnival ships. Do you think there will be a let down for us this weekend on the Fascination...we were on the Freedom of the Seas on Saturday!

Hello! My DH and I will be taking our second cruise this September on the Enchantment of the Seas. We recently completed our first cruise on Carnival's Celebration, so have some questions comparing the two lines.

Went on my first Carnival cruise last Nov/Dec, just completed the first Royal Carib cruise. The biggest disappointment with the latter -- there is a charge for capacacciono and espresso on Royal Carib at dinner time, and they were free on Carnival. As mentioned pizza is not 24 hours a day on RCI as it is on CCL (and RCI did not have the caesar salad at the pizza location as CCL does). Seemed like there were MORE light snack options in the aftenoons and late evenings on RCI than on CCL. We did survive the much smaller room on RCI. We really enjoyed both overall -- no problem with kids or children on either, although they were abundant on both, and hard to tell which had the best staff -- both really went out of their way to be sure we were happy.

Archived