Pt Canaveral depart ?

We are driving to Pt Canaveral in July to take a cruise. We have never parked there because we usually fly to Florida, this time we are driving. What is the parking at the pier like, what is the cost, what time should be arrive?:) Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance....

We arrived at 10:45 AM on departure day a week ago Sunday. It was interesting. They were not allowing drop off of baggage as yet so they directed us to the parking area where we paid for the week's parking $12/day) and they then had us wait by the car on the lower deck of the parking garage....maybe 15 minutes or so and then a woman in a golf cart gave us the go ahead to leave the parking lot (by car) ....drop of the baggage at curbside (we were 6th car in line) and then I returned the car to the garage. It was an easy process with no hassles. In fact, the entire process for getting on the ship was effortless.

Have fun,

JohnRobert

By noon-1:00pm, the covered garage parking will be gone. Yes, parking will still be available, just no longer covered. With the hot Florida sun and the afternoon thunder storms it is better to park under cover.

Have a great trip.

lovrccl

Noticed you were from NY and wanted to suggest a possiblity. If you are able to arrive a day early, stay in one of the Cocoa Beach/Capae Canaveral hotels that will allow you to park your car there at no charge. Most of these hotels that offer this have shuttles that will take you to the port free of charge.

Just another idea to ponder.

Tim & Crystal

Thanks for all the great advice. We will be staying with my daugher in Jacksonville so we will be able to get an early start from her place and get to the port in plenty of time to get into the garage. Thanks again.:)

Thanks for all the great advice. We will be staying with my daugher in Jacksonville so we will be able to get an early start from her place and get to the port in plenty of time to get into the garage. Thanks again.:)

We sailed on Sov of the Seas last Monday ... left home at 8:30 AM, drove across the state to Port Canaveral and got there about 11:00. We were able to unload the luggage for all 6 of us, got a parking place in the covered garage area, walked back with our carry-ons (although the porter was nice enough to suggest that we leave all the stuff, and just the driver go park, but we had plenty of time). We waited about 15 min to check-in, and another 20 or so before they allowed us on the ship. The hallway doors were locked until 1:00, so we had to tote our carryons to the Windjammer for lunch, but the elevators were not that busy, so it was a quick morning ... and much better than Ft Lauderdale's Port Everglades.

We arrived last Sunday at 11 and were on the boat by 12. Parking was easy. However, many were already on the boat ane eating lunch and I feel we could have arrived earlier.

Rooms were ready at 1pm. Bags arrived by 2.

We hit guest services immediately with no line and set up the kid's cash cards and bought the soda stickers. I would suggest getting in line for tours after lunch and before they open as that line grew quickly and some tours sold out.

Check the status of the fires and 528. If they start back up and they close 528, you will need to exit 95 sooner and come south on US1. I guess you would find that out by being forced to exit!

Archived