Dawn Owners Suites--Who's Stayed in One?

greenie

Currently staying in one 10006 (10-29-06), Lucky is our Butler and Simone is the Concierge; OUTSTANDING !!!

CruiseInTime:D

We were getting off as you were getting on. We stayed in 10506 and had Lucky as a butler - he is the BEST!! A true gentleman. Simone was the concierge and she was great! One of the best cruises we ever took! The only downside is I am afraid we can never sail in anything but an OS again. Hope you had better weather leaving NY than we had coming back - it was interesting to say the least.

My husband and I stayed in 10506 on the Dawn from March 5, 2006 to March 16, 2006. We lucked into an upsell just five days before we left from an AD suite. My husband had just had thyroid cancer treatment and we jumped at the chance to stay in the suite and figured it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance for us! It was so much fun - we absolutely loved it. Carmen was our butler and she was excellent. The very nice people staying in 10006 had a party and invited us - it was so neat to see their suite as well! There were many nice couples in the front end suites we got to meet from just the front balcony of our room or from sitting with them in the theater. We also really enjoyed the side balcony as it was protected from the wind. A group from the cruise critic meeting came down to see the suite after our meeting - they were all fabulous people. They toured and some took photos. It was great having all of that room for the trip. One word of caution! While we were in Belize - my husband took a shower and suddenly the ship noticeably tilted when they were running different thrusters or something. The water from the shower went over the sill and he actually FLOODED the bathroom! They said that was the first time that had happened in the owners suite! It was actually caught by the drains built into the floor by the sinks and closet so it wasn't that big of a deal, but he was sure surprised when it happened!

We had 10506 ten days after you last year and started with Carmen. I just don't understand why everyone loves her so much...she was the most useless butler we've ever had. Very pretty and charming, yes, but I've never heard NO so much. She even wanted to charge us for drink mixers.:eek:

Thank heaven we were able to replace her with Anshuman after three days.

I understand Simone came from the Wind and is absolutely amazing! But Alex still remains my favorite.

• 4 weeks later...

Sailed on the Dawn in Feb 06 and had 10506.

We were pleased with the spacious accommodations but receiving the "royal treatment" was the best. Alex is so excellent at his job, he really knows how to treat his customers. Alex even booked reservations in the Main dining room so that we didn't have to wait in line. Kind of takes away from the whole freestyle thing but it was better than waiting.

Carmen was our butler and as a previous poster said, she wasn't as accommodating as I thought she could be, but she seemed to try her best. She always seemed a little frazzled. Maybe had too many cabins. Our only requests: ice, diet soda and fresh fruit.

Anyhow, I was spolied and did not have any problems using the front balcony ( once I figured out how to get out there)

Looking forward to sailing the Dawn again in Jan.07

No OS had to settle for an AC which we are thrilled to have. Gigantic front deck. ( Yea, I think it's a deck, not a balcony)

• 2 weeks later...

Doing 10006 on the Dawn December 7 out of NYC--Can't wait! Had 10506 on the Star last December out of LA to Mexico and loved it so much we booked this one while onboard last year. In my opinion, these suites are very hard to beat, beautifully designed and decorated--just the right size to be a comfortable "home away from home" while cruising.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I stayed in 10506 this past Sept 06 and it was SUPER. I have posted 37 pictures of 10506 on my photo website: www.jprphotos.com Just click on the NCL Dawn album to view the photos. I also have photos from several other cruises posted there.

Thanks for sharing your pictures of the Dawn. I really enjoyed the Halifax pics of the lighthouse, clouds and boats, beautiful. Boston and Newport were great too, but I really loved your bird album. Thanks again.

Jackie

We have sailed mostly on HAL in their suites, including their penthouse suites.

We sailed last year on the Star in AA suite and let me tell you I am sold on NCL and AA suites. Beat the heck out of the suites on HAL.

Well happy cruising everyone!

I forgot all about this thread! How COULD I? Well, but I sure haven't forgotten about "my" 9506! I still miss you, 9506 ....:(

*croons* 95069506950695069506950695069506 ....

Aaah Greenie...I remember it well:)

Dawn 9506, which you grabbed" after (before) us;)

Dawn 10006, Jewel 9004, Dawn 10006..loved them all.

Greenie loves the "lighting" in the bedroom...I, personally, love the entire "Owners suite"!

You have to do it once in your lifetime:)

Greenie & Cosmo,

We were on the Dawn a few weeks ago in a mini suite this time around. It was our first time on the Dawn that we weren't in 9506, but we still had a great time. I sure did miss those bathrooms and a few other things that come with the OS though. We were in OS 901 on the Majesty in June and it only had one bathroom, no butler, no balcony, but it was still great.

Hope to be back in 9506 again someday!!!

Jackie

angeljt, hard to imagine an OS without a balcony! we are such spoiled little piggies. :o

Cosmo, I still think it's funny that we sat right next to each other in the theater and never spoke ... and now we've been "speaking" for a year and a half since! Hee! if you had JUST let me see your suite, our whole lives coulda bin different. :D

angeljt, hard to imagine an OS without a balcony! we are such spoiled little piggies. :o

Cosmo, I still think it's funny that we sat right next to each other in the theater and never spoke ... and now we've been "speaking" for a year and a half since! Hee! if you had JUST let me see your suite, our whole lives coulda bin different. :D

Yes, we are very spoiled!!! It wasn't bad without the balcony since the pool was almost directly above us and only one flight up.

Just wondering how you knew you were sitting next to each other?

Jackie

We are going on the Dawn 1/7/07 and have 9506. We visited it last year as we were next door.

Does anyone know how to order the 3 bottles ahead of time so that they are in the room when we come on board. Is it the same selection as the Bar Set Up selection. We were hoping to get Kettle One as one of our choices.

Thanks, Mary Alice

We are going on the Dawn 1/7/07 and have 9506. We visited it last year as we were next door.

Does anyone know how to order the 3 bottles ahead of time so that they are in the room when we come on board. Is it the same selection as the Bar Set Up selection. We were hoping to get Kettle One as one of our choices.

Thanks, Mary Alice

Hi MA,

You usually don't get the liquor ahead of time. When you arrive, your butler will provide you with a list of liquor from which to choose. It's delivered shortly thereafter.

You may want to call your Personal Cruise Consultant. Maybe you could arrange the booze delivery ahead of time. I've never tried this because the champagne is on ice when you walk in the door.:D :D :D

Kettle One? I don't even know what that is, but you could always ask for it or some other substitute. They give you the list, you fill it out PDQ, and it's whisked away to be fulfilled. I don't even remember what's on the darn list! (All that booze probably killed too many brain cells.)

Have fun!

Thanks, Mary Alice

Mary Alice,

I'm sorry to say they don't offer Ketel One Vodka as an option. That is my vodka of choice also. The first time we were in 9506 they offered Absolut, but the last two times, they only offered Gilbey's vodka, which is a bar vodka.

We were in a mini suite this time and ordered a bar set up. We were able to order Absolut Vodka & Beefeater Gin at $40 a bottle, Kahlua was $55 a bottle. We spend a lot of time in our cabin and enjoy sitting on the balcony with or without company having cocktails.

Jackie

I am in an AB on the Dawn in March. What size bottles do you get? I've been assuming it was the little 'uns but it now sounds like I'm wrong.

Do tell!

Sorry, but the AB doesn't receive the liquor.

3 bottles for Owner's Suite (AA) & 6 bottles for Garden Villa (A1).

You could do what we did: order a bar set-up. I don't have the phone number, but if you do a search or look at FAQ sticky "What You Need To Know About Cruising on NCL", I'm sure you'll find it.

Good news: you get 2 bathrooms & phone to carry with you, along with great butler and concierge service.:)

Thanks guys! I will look into the bar set-up.

You can email Yulexi Perez, Dawn Coordinator at Yperez@ncl.com, or call her at 1-800-327-9020 Ext. 7820

She was very nice and she sent me an email confirmation 4 days before we sailed, which is when she said I would receive it. The bar set up was in our cabin waiting for us.

I did bring mixers with us also. When we were in the OS on the Dawn, they brought us the mixers that we requested without charge. In the OS on the Majesty, we were told there would be a $5. charge for Bloody Mary mix, which they never charged us for.

Jackie

For those of you who have stayed in 9506 or will stay in 9506 on the DAWN I want to let you know that is still in good shape. I made sure of it when I got off of the DAWN this past 'Sunday.

CTBarb- It is ready and waiting for you.

Leona

Archived