Beware..cell phones in Grand Cayman

paula2051

Just for everyones info. I generally take my cell phone on a cruise, but leave it in the safe in my stateroom. On our last cruise, I forgot to turn it off. After arriving in GC, I went to get the stuff we needed out of the safe and my cell phone was beeping. I received a text message from a cell phone service company welcoming me to GC. I promptly turned the phone off.

Got my cell phone bill today and they had called my cell phone # 4 times. I got a service charge of $1.99 for each call I received! I am soooo glad that I was able to turn my cell phone off that morning or there would have been no telling how many times they would have called. They called my # 4 times within 2 minutes time. So just a warning for all!

Guest TRACKER1
Just for everyones info. I generally take my cell phone on a cruise, but leave it in the safe in my stateroom. On our last cruise, I forgot to turn it off. After arriving in GC, I went to get the stuff we needed out of the safe and my cell phone was beeping. I received a text message from a cell phone service company welcoming me to GC. I promptly turned the phone off.

Got my cell phone bill today and they had called my cell phone # 4 times. I got a service charge of $1.99 for each call I received! I am soooo glad that I was able to turn my cell phone off that morning or there would have been no telling how many times they would have called. They called my # 4 times within 2 minutes time. So just a warning for all!

Thank's for the head's up, I usually keep my cell phone on until we get out into the Gulf and then put it in the safe too and at times I have forgotten to turn mine off too having four Daughters at home only one married they usually call Dad for all matters no matter where I'm at That's what dad's are for!!

Me and my DW are going Oct.15th.2006 to the Caymans,Jamaica and hopefully cozumel.Happy Cruising!

Archived