Warning for Jamacia's (Dunns Falls) and Cozumel

Chapman281@aol.com

If you go to Dunns Falls in Jamacia, whatever you do, do not eat at the food court at DUNNS FALLS. The hambuger meat was soy meat, It was YUCK! The meat was thick and gray in color, and the hot dogs are just as bad. For one hambuger, and a Dr. Pepper, the bill was $10.00 US dollars, RIP OFF! I would either take a lunch, or eat real good before you go there. Every thing there is HIGH PRICED. If you go to the food court, you will be attacked on the way there, by everyone wanting to sell you something. Please do yourself a favor, aviod the food court, all together.

We went to Cozumel and we rented the moped scooter, a cop stopped us and said we was speeding, LMAO! he was on a dirt bike, he had no radar gun, there was no speed limit sign, and we was in the middle of no where. We had to pay him off, $20.00 each. We was on the back side of the island, when he stepped out and stopped us. They are for sure, (crooked there). Avoid the scooters if you can, and carry small money with you, you may have to pay them off. If they see you have alot off cash, the price goes up. We did ene up having a good time, but just beware.

Thanks for the warning.

I've heard that before..about being stopped for speeding (rental car that time) and having to pay the police(?) to be allowed to go. Kind of scary.........

Actually, the reason that the meat tastes different in Jamaica, in many restaurants, is because they have to use so much filler. Have you ever seen their cows??? They are skin and bones, LOL. Everytime I have been, I have noticed that. There are some places where you can get 100%... but if you are going to a standard grill, they use alot of filler... this is also the case at many of the all inclusives... they just don't have the cattle we have here.

Actually, the reason that the meat tastes different in Jamaica, in many restaurants, is because they have to use so much filler. Have you ever seen their cows??? They are skin and bones, LOL. Everytime I have been, I have noticed that. There are some places where you can get 100%... but if you are going to a standard grill, they use alot of filler... this is also the case at many of the all inclusives... they just don't have the cattle we have here.

That actually makes sense.. When we were in Jamaica last year I noticed the hamburgers werent that great and just put it down to food tastes different but now I bet that was what it was..

WHy would you buy a burger in Jamaca?? When we were there our driver warned us about the food court and shops at Dunn River Falls. We were instructed which gate to come out of so that we could skirt that whole area. He then took everybody back to the ship and those who wanted to he took on a side excursion after that to a local Jerk place.

We've rented cars three times on Cozumel and not had a problem, although we have seen police.

The roads that go to the east side of the island and up the coast are so straight, empty, and flat that it's hard not to want to go fast.

It's also a little tricky sticking with kilometers per hour (in which the speed limit is posted) and not going miles per hour (which are the larger numbers on the speedometers of the cars we've rented, just as with cars in the U.S.).

I have been warned not to rent a scooter, however, because of the potholes in the roads.

Don't know if post-Wilma repairs have addressed the potholes, because there were some that would have been nasty for a scooter.

We went to Cozumel and we rented the moped scooter, a cop stopped us and said we was speeding, LMAO! he was on a dirt bike, he had no radar gun, there was no speed limit sign, and we was in the middle of no where. We had to pay him off, $20.00 each. We was on the back side of the island, when he stepped out and stopped us. They are for sure, (crooked there). Avoid the scooters if you can, and carry small money with you, you may have to pay them off. If they see you have alot off cash, the price goes up. We did ene up having a good time, but just beware.

Actually that is very common not only in Cozumel but all over Mexico, when they see an american coming, all they can see is $$$$$$$$

WHy would you buy a burger in Jamaca?? When we were there our driver warned us about the food court and shops at Dunn River Falls. We were instructed which gate to come out of so that we could skirt that whole area. He then took everybody back to the ship and those who wanted to he took on a side excursion after that to a local Jerk place.

LOL, only time i've had them has been at resorts, when the grill restaurant is open and nothing else is :D

And if you drive and have an accident........it can be HELL. You can get charged thousands to get out of jail.........I live in San Diego and have NO desire to drive in Mexico.....too many scary stories.....:mad:

If you go to Dunns Falls in Jamacia, whatever you do, do not eat at the food court at DUNNS FALLS. The hambuger meat was soy meat, It was YUCK! The meat was thick and gray in color, and the hot dogs are just as bad. For one hambuger, and a Dr. Pepper, the bill was $10.00 US dollars, RIP OFF! I would either take a lunch, or eat real good before you go there. Every thing there is HIGH PRICED. If you go to the food court, you will be attacked on the way there, by everyone wanting to sell you something. Please do yourself a favor, aviod the food court, all together.

Were you on a cruise? Would love to hear a review if you were! What other ports did you go to?

And if you drive and have an accident........it can be HELL. You can get charged thousands to get out of jail.........I live in San Diego and have NO desire to drive in Mexico.....too many scary stories.....:mad:

If you have an accident and get hurt....it could turn into a real nightmare...

The cruiselines reccomend against scooters........

You went to the "school of hard knocks" and the tuition was only 20 bucks. You learned that everywhere is NOT the good ole USA and had an experience that you will laugh about the rest of your life.

Dan

In one weekin Cancun I had to pay the cops off three times at 40 bucks a pop. No biggie....I had been before and knew that they will do that so I was prepared but I heard of people who were not and it got ugly. Just know before you go!

We always do the same things in Jamaica the Falls and Cozumel we rent a Jeep. I have never had a problem with either after 18 cruises. We always eat a those meat filled pies and love them! Never have tried the hamburgers. And we have never been stopped be police driving around the island in Cozumel. I think I would be scared if we ever were. They do do this Costa Rica bc we have had to pay police to leave us alone once. It might depend on what type of vehicle your in??

I think the warning about renting scooters in Mexico's been around for a long time. I know the cruiselines tell you not to. I suspect people think they are trying to sell their own excursions and it's all about revenue, rather than the serious warning it is. The bottom line? You are in another country, and it's not Kansas. Read ahead of time and act with caution.

The soy warning is a legit one and should be heeded. My husband just, in the last year, came up with a life threatening soy allergy. You know what soys in here in the good ole US? Everything! I have to bake most of our bread from scratch. A soy burger in Jamaica would probably put him in the hospital. Not fun on a vacation.

Archived