Looking for Reviews - Celebration

healer

:) You'll love the Celebration! We were on her this past December. Had a marvelous time...this was our first cruise! Great crew and clean ship. It's gone through a refurb. this past year...all the cabins had new carpeting as well as comfy beds and plenty of storage room. Other decor changes throughout the ship also.

The food was yummy! We ate most of our meals in the Horizon Dining Room, but the Wheelhouse grill had exceptional food too. The dining room was a wonderful experience as Bozi and Vinit took great care of us......never empty tea/water glasses as well as a plentiful supply of that delicious bread!

Being that this was our first cruise we really didn't have anything to compare it to, but for us it couldn't have gone any better. We wouldn't hesitate to take this ship again before she leaves for Jacksonville.

If you do a search I think you'll find others that have been on the ship more recent that we were and all gave favorable reviews.......hilltopfamily, basser, to name a few.

Hope this has helped in a small way! Happy crusing!

~gina~:)

Hi to my buddy Gina! How are you doing? What do you think about these new boards? Fancy finding you here, on a thread about our great ship, the Celebration! We do like to respond favorably to people's questions about her, don't we! (on a side note--hope you're really enjoying your time off this summer and having lots of fun things to do!)

Healer: I agree with everything Gina already told you. Celebration was our 1st Carnival cruise, having only been on a Disney Magic 7 day cruise prior to going on the Celebration in March. Although it's a little smaller of a ship, we had a great time. It was nice not being lost half of the cruise. ;) I'll post the link here to my review and will "HOPE" that it works. Given that these boards have just gone through a massive change, some of these older items may not "be there" any more, so I'll cross my fingers that this works. And if it works, I hope you find it helpful. Any further ??s feel free to ask.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&s=927093444&a=tpc&m=67310769&f=969097554

:) Hey Penny dear! I think we just keep missing each other.....I figured you'd respond to this thread though! Hope all is well with you and your family.....we are doing well! I'm enjoying the boards a little more now that I've "played" on them......change can be good!

Your next cruise isn't far away! I know that your getting excited....your going to have such fun.:) I can't believe that we are getting to go on the Elation next May...so far away!:(

Are you still working? I need to e-mail you...I could talk all night! Take Care.....

~gina~:)

Howdy Healer,

We were on the Celebration in Sept. 2003 and loved it. My Celebration Review used to be on the boards, but now it is only on my website. If the above link doesn't work, I believe the link in my signature does. There are also pictures and a review of our 7 day Triumph Trip. Feel free to email if you have any questions. Have a great time!

I concur with everything the good reviews are saying. We just returned a couple of weeks ago from the Celebration and had a great time. It was our second cruise, the Conquest was the first, and we really enjoyed the smaller ship. Our waiters in the Horizon dining room, Mark and Boris, were the best. Mark had a magic trick for us each night. We were at a table of 10 and our table had so much fun that we were the last to leave the dining room each night. It seemed like this trip was more about the cruise than the destination especially since it rained and stormed on Cozumel the one day we were there, but that was ok.

We did the Celebration in 91, 93, and 96. It was a 7 day ship back then. It's a good ship and Carnival is great about keeping the "mature" ships looking as new as possible. I'm sure you'll love it. Our preference is to do the 7 day cruises. I can't imagine trying to squeeze all the fun into a 4 day cruise. The 7 days go by too fast as it is.

GolfingDV -- Welcome to the boards. Looks like you're on the Elation in '04. When do you or did you go? We're going on Aug 1.

Gina: glad you're having a great summer, & that you are enjoying your time off from work. And your Ectasy cruise is coming closer & closer!!! :) Lucky you to have 2 cruises booked!!!! Elation & Ectasy---lots of fun!

healer,

We have a Celebration personal planning page, which has gobs of links to Celebration photo albums (over 1000 cruise ship pictures), personal cruise websites, the 360 virtual tour, the CDC Sanitation Inspection Scores, many review posts, and more. We will continue to update the page:

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/celebration.htm

:) :cool: :D

Thank you to cruiseclues. I went to your site and found that you have a link to my own review of the Celebration----thanks for the link to it! Glad it can be useful to others and I sure do enjoy looking at all the info on your site. It is VERY useful.

thanks again :)

Archived