Ammenities aboard the QM2

coy860

Please be so good as to advise as to WHAT is provided in the staterooms, Brittania Grill.

Is shampoo provided? Lotion?

How about washcloths? I know I had to carry my own around Europe, as they are not provided by even the finest hotels.

Thanks

Please be so good as to advise as to WHAT is provided in the staterooms, Brittania Grill.

Is shampoo provided? Lotion?

How about washcloths? I know I had to carry my own around Europe, as they are not provided by even the finest hotels.

Thanks

All lotions (supplied by canyon ranch) are supplied en-suite. Wash cloths? Not supplied, if memory serves correctly (someone else's wash cloth?, eeck). As a aside, all the lotions (bath gel, body wash, shower gel, face wash, shampoo etc are essentially the same product (discuss).

All lotions (supplied by canyon ranch) are supplied en-suite. Wash cloths? Not supplied, if memory serves correctly (someone else's wash cloth?, eeck). As a aside, all the lotions (bath gel, body wash, shower gel, face wash, shampoo etc are essentially the same product (discuss).

Bar type-soap from Canyon Ranch, Body wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, - Some fruity stuff- I forget. Washcloths ARE provided. And I am quite certain they have been laundered in strong bleach or bleach substitute. Not to mention laundering in sea-water, while a bit rough on clothes will give you some of the cleanest whitest clothes you will ever see!

Also provided with shower cap. Hair dryer is in a drawer in the desk, NOT in the bathroom. Best advice, if you will be plugging anything in anywhere, bring one of those six outlet strips. You forget how many things need to be charged- cameras, walkman, shaver, if you use one.

If you need sundries, such as breath mints, mouthwash, tylenol or throat lozenges, do yourself a favor and bring them from home. Gift shp has slim pickings and it is expensive! (I did not realize my deodorant was not in my travel kit- Had to borrow Marc's a few times til I could get there when open. I smelled of Old Spice, Cats followed me and I heard this strange whistling everywhere I went!)

Karie,

Who knows what to make sure to bring on cruises!

Wash cloths? Not supplied, if memory serves correctly (someone else's wash cloth?, eeck).

They do supply wash cloths on the QE2 - they're a nuisance - where do you put them whilst you're in the cabin? Europeans either carry their own face flannel or don't use one.

A question for those non-Americans on this board - What uses have you found for your supplied wash cloth? The best I've found is to use it as a bit of rag to mop up occasional spills and save on tissues!

The electric sockets are on the wall just above the desk. If you have a non-standard plug which is fairly long it may not fit. e.g. our mp3 player charger is longer than a normal plug - and eek! didn't fit. We got round this by taking out the drawer above the fridge and using the fridge socket when required - though this was a very snug fit size-wise. Luckily we were always so busy doing other stuff that we only had to do it once.

Archived