Teenagers on the Victory

sthrnbelle

I have family going on the Victory in October and am wondering what kind of activities there will be for my 15 year old cousin. I know that the 8 year old will absolutely love Camp Carnival but his older brother doesn't want to hang out with the kiddies and is concerned that he will be bored. Anyone had children this age on the Victory or a sister ship?

I have family going on the Victory in October and am wondering what kind of activities there will be for my 15 year old cousin. I know that the 8 year old will absolutely love Camp Carnival but his older brother doesn't want to hang out with the kiddies and is concerned that he will be bored. Anyone had children this age on the Victory or a sister ship?

My kids favorite trips are cruises. When we were on Victory there was not a formal Club O2, but there may be now. If not, there are still Club O2 activities. Have him check that out and I promise you won't see him again...unless you want to!:p

There IS a club O2. There is a orientation/get-to-know you gathering the first night. Have him go to that and he will meet other teens. There are other activities during the week as well.

We were on the Victory over spring break and the activities were not well attended. Some were even cancelled due to lack of interest. But perhaps that's because there were SO many kids on board that they didn't need formal gatherings to meet each other and find things to do.

My 15 yo DD would love to join your group and keep him company :eek:

We were on the Victory last June with my 15 DD. She went to the orientation and met some girls her age. They belonged in the younger teen group but did not do that. They went to the disco everynight and just hung out everywhere. There was dancing every night at 12 for the teens on the upper deck by the pool. Kept a close eye on her though. There were older teens and some of the dancing was kinda crude. The host did get on the mike and tell the kids to clean it up. She loved it and misses all her friends very much.

Thanks! It actually is the October 8th sailing and I am also in my early 20's but unfortunately will not be along for the ride this time:mad: When you say that there is a club O2 do you mean that there is an actual club, i.e. some of the larger ships or just that there is a grouping for that age?

We are also booked for 10/8 out of Norfolk on Victory. I'll make sure my 15 year old daughter attends the club 02 orientation the first night. Her first cruise and she'd love someone to hang out with. :) She's worried about being bored.

I'll tell him to make sure to head to O2 on the first night. Anyone else have kids in this age group going on this cruising?

Check and see if there is a Roll Call for your ship and date, if not, Start one, once there you can get things rolling with the Teens and Excusion tips etc.

Archived