Elation- upgrades from a GTY oceanview?

navywife06

Hi all,

I think that this is the greatest site for cruise planning. Thanks to all who have steered me in the right direction and given me some great advice so far.

I've got a GTY oceanview room on the Elation for 8/06. There will be 3 in the room. In the collective experience of this site, how likely is it to be upgraded to a balcony? I am not expecting it, just curious. I understand that the Elation does not have regular balcony rooms, but balcony suites. There are 15 balcony/suites left unbooked.

Thanks again!

We took the ELation last year from Galveston. Our group booked 2 OV and 1 inside (We booked specific rooms on the Empress deck!) 6 weeks out our TA called and offered us 2 cat. 12 and 1 ocean view on the Upper Deck. Boy was it awesome!!! We loved the Elation. Have fun!:)

Heck--with three people my main concern is getting a room meant for three people and not get a room with a rollaway.

How long ago did you book your cruise?

We just booked. We have a 6D GTY, which has one or two uppers and 2 twins. It seems enough for us, and the price difference from the OV room to the balcony suite was just about triple what we are paying for our room. Have to save some money for drinks and excursions.. and by excursions.. i mean.. drinks

Navywife I am in almost the same situation as yourself. We have booked an OV guarantee and have three people in our cabin for the Elation in August. I am hoping against hope as well .However I have had an OV cabin with the rollaway with the three of us before and it wasn't bad at all as the room steward folds up the roll away during the day and sets it up at night so we fit just fine We booked 8 months out though and the sailing is sold out now 74 days out.

We just booked. We have a 6D GTY, which has one or two uppers and 2 twins. It seems enough for us, and the price difference from the OV room to the balcony suite was just about triple what we are paying for our room. Have to save some money for drinks and excursions.. and by excursions.. i mean.. drinks

If you booked a guarantee for 3 people you can get ANY cabin within a 6D. This class ship allows rollaways. (so even people who are looking for a cabin for 4-- they too can get a cabin with 3 beds plus a rollaway.) this category has some cabins for 2-3 and 4 people. .

That means that cabin might only have two twin beds on the floor and no upper bed or convertible sofa bed.

Your chances of being upgraded to a balcony are higher then someone who booked a guarantee oceanview cabin. but I wouldnt count on it.

Another concern I have is being under the galley.

You can check availabilty for any sailings--just make believe you are booking a cruise and take it all the way through.

You will see only 7-9 cabins available. But if you see only a few that means they are almost sold out.

I was mistaken in my earlier post. I had written 6d, but it was a 6b guarantee. I have room M138. I am happy with that, rooms on top and bottom to keep sleeping comfortable, right in the middle of the ship. I also made sure that it was a port side room, because that was recommended due to better views. It's a king bed with one upper, which suits us perfectly.

I feel very comfortable with it now. I was feeling uncomfortable with being up in the air and just hoping for better than what I paid for, but with the possibility of having a room under the galley. Now I have a room I will be very happy with and can just relaxxxxx....

sure.. that's going to happen.. I still have lots of things to worry about! To pack booze or just have it sent to the room.. carnival excursions or outside ones.. clamshell or cabana on HMS.. scopalamine patch or bonine.. how to get alone time with the husband in the room.. alone.....

see, lots to keep me busy.

-Melissa

Archived