Going on my honeymoon...help needed...

w0209666

I am planning my honeymoon. It is not until next year, but we are getting an early start on wedding planning. We really want to take a cruise. We are thinking about flying to Puerto Rico, staying for a few days, and them taking the 7 day cruise on the destiny. I was just wondering if anyone knew if I would get the best deals going through carnival?????? or should we go through a travel agent? Anyone ever been on this cruise? Anyone know where I can get a good deal? Also, I have read on here that if you book a suite that you don't have to wait in the long lines at embarkation. Since it is our honeymoon we really want to book a suite, and it would be a great perk to not have to wait in those long lines. Just one more question. Do you think it would be better for us to book now? or to wait a while and see if the cruise goes down some? Thank you so much for your help.

Jamie and Joshua

I am planning my honeymoon. It is not until next year, but we are getting an early start on wedding planning. We really want to take a cruise. We are thinking about flying to Puerto Rico, staying for a few days, and them taking the 7 day cruise on the destiny. I was just wondering if anyone knew if I would get the best deals going through carnival?????? or should we go through a travel agent? Anyone ever been on this cruise? Anyone know where I can get a good deal? Also, I have read on here that if you book a suite that you don't have to wait in the long lines at embarkation. Since it is our honeymoon we really want to book a suite, and it would be a great perk to not have to wait in those long lines. Just one more question. Do you think it would be better for us to book now? or to wait a while and see if the cruise goes down some? Thank you so much for your help.

Jamie and Joshua

Welcome to the boards.

In general, now that you found us, go back through threads and read, read, read. Most of your questions will already be answered.

Also, learn to use the search feature (it's up at the top between new posts and quick links).

Suites - you get VIP boarding with Category 11 and Category 12 suites.

Research and book as early as possible. If prices go down later, you can always get a reduced price (sometimes by rebooking at the lower price), or Onboard Credit. You also get the most cabin choices to get exactly the cabin and location that you want.

There are a lot of recent Destiny reviews, read them.

Keep yourselves open to other options though, as you read more reviews of other ships and itineraries.

Either way of booking you've got to be sure that you have a great Travel Agent (TA) or Carnival Personal Vacation Planner (PVP).

You'll get more advice on this from people in the next 24 hours or so, so keep watching and be patient.

In the meantime, read these boards, pages and pages and pages back.

Learn, absorb information, read more.

And again, welcome!

CJW

I agree with the poster that said to get a good TA and book it early. You won't have to worry about it later, and can make a change later if necessary. One less detail to consider during all of the wedding plans to come. Have a great trip, savor every moment of this next year as you make plans, and if you have a question just ask!! This board is full of wonderful people willing to help.

Sorry - no info on the ship you are looking at ~ but just wanted to say congrats on your upcoming wedding and HM!!

we are HMing on Carnival Pride VERY SOON!!!! We booked ours last June (05!!) and haven't regretted it for a single minute. WE got to pick the exact cabin we wanted and we got a great price! :D

Happy wedding and HM planning! It seemed like forever when I first got started....but it's going by SO FAST!!!!!! Enjoy every minute!:)

Archived