Marriage license?

fearless

TA told me today when I completed booking that we would be required to bring a copy of our marriage license when we board! We've traveled with Carnival in the past and have never had to bring this. Is this something new? She told me that we had to have it since my birth certificate showed my maiden name and my driver's license has my married name (although it also includes my maiden name). She said since they don't match I have to have proof of why my name is changed. I have never heard of this before. Any ideas or thoughts?

I know at lot has changed with Homeland security ....so that may be why ...I would suggest taking it just in case. You never know and you would hate to have a problem boarding just over that ..... Best wishes

We have expired passports, and I've read on CC boards that as long as they are not expired past 10 years, that they can still be used for ID. TA said not. My other problem is I'm not exactly sure WHERE our marriage license is if I do need it. I just don't want to get to the port and not be able to get on the ship!

Just go get a passport!! in your married name. We just back from the conquest!! We both traveled with our passport life was so easy. I used my passport once to check in and that was it!! If you have time and 50.00 get one. It will make your life so stressfree!!

Just go get a passport!! in your married name. We just back from the conquest!! We both traveled with our passport life was so easy. I used my passport once to check in and that was it!! If you have time and 50.00 get one. It will make your life so stressfree!!

50.00 ..... I went on department of state website ( travel.state.gov ) and they said 85.00 ...... Just curious about the price ...... let me know .....

You should be able to walk into your Bureau of Vital Statistics office and they can just print you another certified copy of your marrige licence for a small fee, like $15.

How long does it take to process a new passport, on average?

I just received my passport yesterday and I think it was almost a month to the day of filing for it. The lady at the post office said it would take 2 months but..... it's here. I'm not sure about a renewal though, it probably doesn't take as long.

As long as your documents and your photo ID have the same name youdont need a marriage certificate or a divorce decree. Imagine all those married woman sailing and if they needed to check ALL those marriage licenses..we would never get onboard.

I decided to call Carnival directly and ask them. They told me that I DID NOT have to have my marriage license. So that settles it. No need to worry about locating it or obtaining one. Thanks to everyone for comments and ideas.

Just remember that you can call Carnival directly five times, and get five different answers. To be on the safe side, bring a COPY of your marriage certificate with you. You can cruise ten times, and never be asked for it, but the day you try to board without it, will probably be the day you're asked for it.

Another thought to the marriage license issue...I have been married before so my marriage license does not have my maiden name either. I wondered if that makes a difference or not? Surely there have been many women who have had a name change more than once?? Think I'm gonna get my passport anyway but wondered if anybody had any thoughts about this issue.

Happy cruising everybody...75 days and counting for me!

Lexi :)

I decided to call Carnival directly and ask them. They told me that I DID NOT have to have my marriage license. So that settles it. No need to worry about locating it or obtaining one. Thanks to everyone for comments and ideas.

I would still highly suggest that you bring one just in case. You don't want to have any possible problems with some hard @#% at the port. To much identification is better than....

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived