Best discount on QM2 world cruise segment and waitlists

curlyQ

Anyone booked on the QM2 world cruise segment from the West Coast to Sydney? If so, did you receive a discount at all? anyone know when travel agents etc release their block space?

luv, curls.

We booked SFO-SYD onboard QM2 during the West Coast Break & Hawaiian trip and received a World Club savings. When it was picked up by our TA we got another small amount off - nothing to write home about. Since the Grills seem to go so fast, there isn't much incentive to discount them but I may be wrong. What have the rest of you found? Im sure all TAs are not equal!

I booked the Ft Lauderdale-Sydney segment when it was first announced and have an A1 Guaranty as a single and a previous passenger for what I consider to be a pretty outrageous price ($A32,000 odd) and, at this stage, I intend to cancel.As an example, a CA on the QE2's entire World Cruise was advertised for around $A50,000.

Cunard is obviously not too interested in single travellers on QM2 and will, no doubt, continue this policy with the QV.

Wayne

Archived