Come check out this site....

cruizinmama

I've still been staying on track but haven't lost anything in awhile:confused: -UGH!but it is coming to that time of the month-LOL!Could that be a reason?I have been feeling bloated-UGH!Well I weigh in on Sat. mornings so we'll see if there's any difference.Goodluck everyone and feel free to post on my SP page.:)

I'm not sure why my weigh-in showed a 0.4 lb gain :mad: especailly when I look at my overall calorie in-take for the week but the good news is my body fat went down 1%. I have only gone off track a few times. My boot camp restriction on myself....... was just too hard :(......so my main focus is to moderate.....moderate. I'm really enjoying this spark thing and I have hooked up with a buddy. I found it difficult to find a board that suited my needs. Have any of you?

Cruizinmama - keep plugging away and I'm sure you will have positive results to report for next weigh-in

BD - has it stopped raining?

Wishing all my American cc friends a Happy Independance Day tomorrow!

Canberra :)

HAPPY 4TH!

Well I weighed in on Sat. and I am down 1 lb.,which is alot better then I thought(wished it would have been 3 or 4 lbs,but oh well)

Canberra-do you think your slight weight gain is actually muscle gain?That would be a good thing.

Keep up the good job.And have a nice 4th.

:D

I just joined too--what a great website!

Have any of you joined a Sparkteam? Someone here should start up a Cruise Critics Sparkteam!

Edit: I just found the "Loose to Cruise" SparkTeam, so I'll be joining that one--even though it should be "lose," not "loose." (Sorry, the English major in me gets bugged by little things like that.)

Cruizinmama - I'm hoping it's muscle. I have a good feeling I'm going to see good results come Monday. :D I'm eating so healthy that I'm having a hard time getting my calorie count up to 1200. :eek:

Perkyblue - Yes.....this site has a wealth of info! Thanks for the info regarding the spark team - Loose to cruise. I'm going to check it out.

Ciao Canberrra :)

Hello Girlies...

I am still being good, and drinking my 8 glasses of water everyday. Shame I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee - just like being pregnant again!

Well, I weigh in tomorrow. Very slight loss so far...down and up, but like Canberra, I have lost 1.5% body fat. ( will go and read the article you posted Canberra in a minute).

Am doing LOTS of exercise. Swam a kilometre this afternoon - this is the most I have ever done - and I hate swimming with a vengence. ( don't like water, said she who is going in a bluddy big boat!).

Local bank holiday tomorrow, so will get the bike out and do 8 laps of the park plus one for good luck.

As with the diet thingy on sparkpeople, I am really good about doing it in the morning ( as I am at work) but in the evening, I don't get the oppertunity to fill it all in.

On another note, my husband saw his first ever cruise ship last week, and got the shock of his life. He hadn't realised it would be so enormous. ( Sea Princess, docked at Lerwick in the Shetland Islands)...

right off to have another pint of H2O ( wish it was beer).

Catch with you all soon,

BD

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on these threads for a little while, but decided to get serious today and joined my spark. Thanks for the site info, it looks really great. I have 30-35 lbs to lose and KEEP OFF!!:) I've been taking my dog for 2 mile walks, but I'm going to the gym tonight to start weight training. Wish me luck-hopefully, I'll be able to type tomorrow!

Hello all,

I have had a smile on my face all day long and Bigdasher it's not what you think. My weigh-in was a positive one! It showed a 2.6lb drop and another 1% body fat. I'm truly feeling my body fitter and stronger. This is the first time in years that my neck and shoulder problems are reacting very well to exercise. I'm doing my best to listen to my body when it's telling me enough is enough. My DH thinks I've gone spark crazy but he agrees it's a positive addiction. Are you guys measuring your food? I do and I'm amazed at how much I'm allowed to eat and still stay within my daily calorie count. Like you Bigdasher I'm up at least 2 two times during the night. It's hard for me to walk any longer than an hour without a pee break so I have to time my walks accordingly.

Bigdasher keep up the good work! It's how healthy your body is on the inside that counts.........weight is only a number! Did you watch the World Cup....probably a stupid question. My DH is Italian and there was lots of happy Italians here in Canada, actually Toronto has the largest population of Italians outside of Italy......so it was party....party.

Joanna627 welcome aboard, you will enjoy the spark family. I'm feeling so positive and inspired with my participation with cc and sparkpeople.

I hope everyone is having a positive start to this week.

Life is definitely wonderful.......

Ciao

Thanks Canberra!! Did lots of stretching after my workout last night & I feel great. Its cardio tonight, so I'll have to try to get to the gym quickly to get my favorite Precor machine. Its cut-throat at 5 o'clock!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

Well after reading through your posts and checking out the Spark People site, I signed up! Looks like a great way to motivate yourself. Having spent many years on and off Weight Watchers, this time I was looking for something different so maybe it will fill the bill.

Does anyone here belong to Curves? And, has it worked out for you? I checked it out today and have an appointment for Monday. Trying to decide between Curves, a regular gym with aerobics, or Jazzercise? Or just stick with my treadmill at home but that gets boring.

Looking forward to losing with you all! Thanks for sharing the link.

Carol

Hi I'm also a Carol married to a Jim:) I have done Curves went for one year. I shed the pounds 15 and went down two dress sizes, BUT once you stop you will find the muscle tone diminishes . I'm not going now and I find that I'm not as toned as I once was. I stopped going in March my year was up. My plan is watching the calorie intake and trying to walk once the heat lets up. I think once you start Curves you have to continue with it for more than a year. I found that it wasn't as great as in the beginning and it was more of an effort to go towards the end. Friends of mine felt the same. However, I'm glad I lost the weight and the dress sizes. So I guess all in all it was a success:) I just said today to my Jim we should get a treadmill. My cousin had a lot of success on hers. 23 lbs. and she uses it 45 min a day. Watching her calories for sure. Good luck.

Carol

Archived