Main Dining Rooms On Majesty-Preference?

cruzeluver

We have always eaten in the Sea Seas mostly because it is easy to get a table because it is so much bigger. It can get noisey because of that. Four Seasons seems a little more intimate. We just got off on June 4 and already miss it.

For my first cruise on the Majesty we went to the Seven Seas. That was in April 2000, before Freestyle. It was very nice, but as cruiserssandr said, it can get very noisy in there. Since then, we have always dined in the Four Seasons, which I love. It's always much quieter in there, and just not as hectic. If you go when they open at 5:30, there is never a wait. That's usually what we do so we can catch the first show afterwards. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time. When is your cruise?

We switch between the two. The Seven Seas is nice as it has the sea views, and is easier to get a table due to its size. The Four Seasons is more intimate, and is the dining room we choose for formal night. We also tend to dine early (5:30, 6:00) when going to the Four Seasons.

We also enjoy the Pasta Cafe. Reservations are requested (or may even be required, I'm not sure) and there is no cover charge. You can see all the menus for all restaurants for the week in the lobby -- they're at one of the desks -- which helps when selecting the night(s) to skip the main dining room.

we have sailed on the Majesty twice. We have eaten in both. We enjoyed both. However, we prefer the Four Seasons because it is smaller and more intimate. We felt that the service was better. The noise level was lower as well. We usually had a window seat in the Four Seasons and it was a nice view!

Have a wonderful trip!

Before our Majesty cruise, I thought we'd prefer Four Seasons because it is smaller, and our preference on Dream was in order of size, from smallest (Trattoria) first to largest (Four Seasons) last. But, surprisingly, Four Seasons on Majesty seemed too long and narrow a room and somehow lacked the gracious feeling of a cruise ship dining room for us. I think we had one lunch (embarkation day) and one dinner in Four Seasons, and the remaining lunches and dinners (other than on-deck BBQs, Pasta Cafe, and Bistro) in Seven Seas. It's really a matter of how the two rooms feel to you.

Archived