Roll Call Help Please

Hi Maria...Bear says "thanks!!!" He's doing great and he LOVES pats!!

I'm assuming you want to start a Cunard roll call, so here is the link to take you right to the forum page where the Cunard forums are. We are actually under a heading called "Roll Calls- All other cruise lines" which is on the page with the main forum lists. So click on this link and you can start a new thread for your Roll Call. Is this what you mean? let me know if it's not...

How are you feeling kiddo...better I'm hoping!! Cheers, Penny

boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Penny - You are teriffic.

Thank you so much! I did it and it worked and I started our very own roll call under QM2 Sept 2, 2006.:D

See - I gave you smiles and you gave me grins.

I am so glad Bear is doing well. I have a Jack Russel terrier (terror) named Lily (short for Lillian Russell). She is 6 years old and has been great at comforting me during the sometimes rough side effects of the Chemo. It is amazing how intuitive and protective our pets can be.

As for how I am doing. I am wonderful! I do get the side effects of the chemo and the Neulasta shots for about a week after my sessions. The first few days are the roughest, but once the shots kick in and my blood count comes up, I am right as rain.

Of course I did loose my hair, but egotist that I am, I think I have a great shaped head. As a matter of fact, when I spoke to Karie the other night, I mentioned starting a thread about WIG or NO WIG while on the cruise ship. I thought it was funny. Karie wasn't so sure. What do you think.

Maria - who is so glad she has met a friend like you!;)

Hi Maria...so glad it worked. I always feel silly giving people computer instructions since I am a complete computer moron!! And when it works for them I'm usually shocked!!

Lillian Russell...I love it!! Our pets are our biggest cheerleaders and you're right, they just know intuitively what we need. That's why we feel Bear will be a wonderful therapy dog...he's so caring.

There is a thread on the fashion board you might like to read...it's a cancer thread and is a wonderful example of strangers sharing and caring for each other. Your bald thread reminded me of it and the gal who started the thread. She was not afraid to go "au natural" on her cruise when she lost her hair. The whole thing started with another thread of hers about her perfect cruise gown and how special it was because of her diagnosis...very long thread but inspiring. Actually both of them are incredible. I found it just by accident and because of a dear friend with inflammatory b.c. I had to read it. My friend is my hero and inspiration too..her courage is extraordinary. She fights her prognosis every minute of the day with optimism and happiness....amazing! So don't you worry about that hair thing...it grows back and what better time to become that flaming redhead we all secretly want to be...or a "dumb blonde" (hey, I can say that...I used to be one...blonde that is, but not dumb;) ;) ;) Or a sultry black...the possibilities are ENDLESS...and the styles are't too shabby either!! I'd be tempted to take a wig on the cruise just for those bad hair days...or hat hair days...but I can't find one the same silver as my own. maybe I'll be silver by day and a redhead by night. Poor Steve won't know who he's with!!!

So hang in ...the counts come up...and enjoy the day wherever you are. Glad to know you too!!!:) :) (I love these things!!!)

Our pets are our biggest cheerleaders and you're right, they just know intuitively what we need.

There is a thread on the fashion board you might like to read...it's a cancer thread and is a wonderful example of strangers sharing and caring for each other. Your bald thread reminded me of it and the gal who started the thread. She was not afraid to go "au natural" on her cruise when she lost her hair. The whole thing started with another thread of hers about her perfect cruise gown and how special it was because of her diagnosis...very long thread but inspiring. Actually both of them are incredible. I found it just by accident and because of a dear friend with inflammatory b.c. I had to read it. My friend is my hero and inspiration too..her courage is extraordinary. She fights her prognosis every minute of the day with optimism and happiness....amazing! So don't you worry about that hair thing...it grows back and what better time to become that flaming redhead we all secretly want to be...or a "dumb blonde" (hey, I can say that...I used to be one...blonde that is, but not dumb;) ;) ;) Or a sultry black...the possibilities are ENDLESS...and the styles are't too shabby either!! I'd be tempted to take a wig on the cruise just for those bad hair days...or hat hair days...but I can't find one the same silver as my own. maybe I'll be silver by day and a redhead by night. Poor Steve won't know who he's with!!!

Actually, I told Maria- Remember that Star Trek Movie with the bald woman captain?- They said bald women will be the "next big thing" then I suggested a tattoo- She said her doc said absolutely no- won't even allow shaving for more smoothness. So I said temp tattoo or henna-ing!

As for red head, she did that one day on our Panama cruise (from the salon.) She was quite striking! Marc almost fell out of his chair! (I knew ahead of time)

As for Maria's dog, she is especially protective when the delivery boy comes with FOOD <lol>!

And Penny, why don't you go redhead one night! Maybe it will add some spice to Steve's and your romance! Of course, then you'd spend the rest of your life trying to figure out if his one true love was really a redhead- Maybe even one he hadn't met yet! <LOL> We women are so insecure!

Inflammatory b.c.? I know of IBD- I had Crohn's, which is what started me down this path of weight loss/gain. from 40 pounds underweight to 110 pounds overweight and everything in between! (I could start a clothing store! ALL SIZES) When the doc first said I had IRRITABLE bowel syndrome, I said- Fine! Matches the rest of me! <LOL> Needless to say, I guess that is in remission at this weight, though the damage is still evident on an X-ray. The prednisone use destroyed my metabolism and gave me diabetes (they don't tell you about that side-effect!)

Anyway, back to the original medical/fashion part of the post, I think Maria would look great as a "chrome-dome" I think a well place tiara or maybe one of those crystal tattoos you can get now- They are rhinestones attached to sticky back paper, in some sort of shape, like a champagne glass or something. You peel the paper off the back, so the sticky backs of the rhinestones are exposed, then stick them to your body and peel off the front paper. Voila! Instant rhinestone tattoo!

Imagine a champane glass on your head, Maria or perhaps a ring of sparkling crystals around your head, or a fleur de lis on the front of your head, as if you'd had them embedded in your skin! I like it!

Karie, who has worn them on hand, shoulder, cleavage and cheek, but not "there!"

Karie...you'd be referring to Ilea...the bald,celibate officer in the 1st movie who Lt Decker had a thing for??? OK,,I'm a trekkie...but I don't have tooooo many other bad faults!! I'd go bald if I looked like that!!! ;)

My last Golden would have protected Rasputin if he came with food!!

I'd probably scare him if I went red...I've threatened to go the same shade as our red retrievers have been. Actually we're the exact same shade of pure silver...people tell us we look like bookends...or brother and sister..Geesch!!:rolleyes: Luckily both he and my hairstylist refuse to let me change it...I'm too lazy for the upkeep anyway!!! I REFUSE to be insecure!!!

Inflammatory breast cancer..IBC.....very bad..especially when found in the later stages as my friend's was. VERY aggressive. But IBD is no walk in the park either and I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I swear it's the drugs that do more to people than the illness!! I fear modern medicine...an asprin is a big deal to me!

Hey Maria...it looks like Karie started that bald or not bald thread for you!!! I don't know...depends on how you feel about rhinestones...personally I'd opt for one REALLY dramatic curved exotic feather on a flapper headband...now that has panache!! Maria, with your personality and good humor you could wear a bird's nest I'll bet and look tres chic in it! I'm of the be yourself school (except for the dreaded "j" word subject)...can't go wrong with that approach. let "you" shine thru..that's all that counts anyway!! OK, end of philosophy lesson...you may return to another channel. I'm going out to my hammock...it's 90...if I swing fast I'll cool off, right?

Cheers, Penny

OK you two - you got me.

Actually, I like both the crystal tatoos and the head band with the feather ideas. :D

Since my summer home is in a Gay section (Cherry Grove) of Fire Island, I think I will call my friends and see what they can supply me with.

Also, I am Assistant Director and Stage Manager for the summer shows at our Community Theater and am the talent coordinator for the Miss Fire Island Pagent ( a take off on the Miss America Pagent - only in drag).

They have been calling me since the season began for advice and I have given them names for my replacement, but they are so used to my discipline and organization that they are having a hard time dealing with the situation.:rolleyes:

So if they want my continued guidance they will certainly provide me with whatever I need, and probably personally deliver it to my door here in Brooklyn.

It is actually a lot of fun being a straight woman among drag queens because they have the best wigs, makeup and wardrobe. I have a decent singing voice and have been in some of the shows myself. And let me tell you, when they are finished with your hair and makeup you feel like a princess ( I leave being a queen to them)

By the way, Penny, when is your cruise scheduled for? My chemo brain has forgotten.

Maybe Karie and I can stow away for that one.:eek:

Maria - who is now thinking of new ways to display my shinning dome

Maria...I'll work on the "shining dome' concept but if I were you, I'd trust the judgement of your neighbors out there on Fire island a whole lot more than I'd trust Karie or me. No offense Karie, but you and I are the little league of fashion advice compared to what Maria has handy. We went to a great show in Provincetown years ago and on my VERY best day I'd never look as fantastic as those guys did. And who knows...by Labor Day it may be growing back and be this adorable pixie cut and you can go as Peter Pan! Ok, that was bad!

Don't apologize for "chemo brain"...I haven't had chemo and I still can't always remember yesterday!! We're on the Dec 2nd cruise to St thomas, Barbados and St Kitts, celebrating Dh's 65th with our oldest, best friends joining us for the celebration. And that would be SOME stowaway team!!!:p Personally I can't wait to hear how this Labor Day trip goes....has anyone warned Cunard?

When my Dad emigrated here from Sweden they went to Brooklyn...to Bay Ridge...when I was a child and we'd go to visit my grandparents my grandfather would take me to Coney island for the day...I thought Brooklyn was pretty neat to have a place like that so close.

have a good week..feel better, better and better! Cheers, Penny

Maria...I'll work on the "shining dome' concept but if I were you, I'd trust the judgement of your neighbors out there on Fire island a whole lot more than I'd trust Karie or me. No offense Karie, but you and I are the little league of fashion advice compared to what Maria has handy. We went to a great show in Provincetown years ago and on my VERY best day I'd never look as fantastic as those guys did. And who knows...by Labor Day it may be growing back and be this adorable pixie cut and you can go as Peter Pan! Ok, that was bad!Cheers, Penny

Penny, I almost wrote those directions for the bold and italics and font size and color straight to you! I figured now that you've mastered smilies... Time to move on, girl!

Who me? little league? Honey, I'm still doing kickball, never mind qualifying for little league. My mother used to say (especially during the hippie 60s and 70s) "Are you going out in that GARB?" Gee, Mom. give a girl a little self0esteem, why don't you?) but then she'd always borrow my miniskirts and white go-go boots!

And in college, I would occasionally loan one of my gowns to one of the guys for a drag show. Darn it! They looked better in them than *I* did! ... And had more cleavage, too!

Yep. I suspect the Fire Island guys will have her ALL spiffied up. Or she'll look like Babs- Barbara Steisand, or Liza or Judy! (Her luck, they'll dress her up like Better Middler!)

Karie,

Who will stick by her side, even if she looks like Don Knotts!

P.S. Penny, are you sure you can't manage a quick trip up here to take the four day with us? I hear there's an extra bed in one of the cabins!

Penny - I second Karie's invitation. I am traveling alone in a room that will accommodate three. Beds in twin bed confiuration and fold out couch.

If you can make it, I will personally take you to Coney Island. It's not as magical as when we were kids, but still great fun. And I live in Bay Ridge, so you can do a whole *Memories* tour.:cool:

Come on - Pleeeease!:D

Maria - who better go now since I have a Dr.s appointment this AM

Archived