Cabin question - converting beds

jnmrlk

I see that the beds can be converted into a queen sized bed - I am guessing??? they are twin sized :confused: My questions are - how easy is it to

do that? Will the beds stay together or will you end up falling down the join in middle??

Every ship we have been on has had twins pushed together to make a queen size bed. Normally they have been set toghether when we arrive.

If not, just ask the steward and he/she will have it taken care of before they do the turndown on the first evening.

As far as separating, some have had locks that hold them together. Others are just pushed together. Take a small bungee cord or some duct tape and wrap the legs of the bed together if you encounter a problem.

Charlie

First off, what type of cabin are you in? I see you're on the Dawn, I've been on the sister ship, Star, a couple of times. If you have an interior cabin, ask for the beds to be seperated. The cabins are extremely small, I think around 140-145 sq.ft. It would give you more space for standing if one person is sitting at the desk, say drying their hair.

If you're in an outside cabin, those are a bit larger and you won't have to worry about it. I'd not plan to bungee cord or tape the beds together, you won't fall between the crack. We hardly even notice the crack between the beds on cruise ships. We always lift the bed a bit to store our empty luggage under it and the bed still doesn't shift around.

Your first impression of your cabin (unless you have a larger suite) will be how very small it is. But, after a day or so, you'll see how efficient they are, I could live in one of those tiny cabins!

Archived