1st Cruise...tips on the Tahitian Princess or crusing in general?

mstv

Hi guys!

My husband and I are going on our honeymoon July 12th on the Tahitian Princess. It will be my 1st cruise. Anyone have any tips for traveling on the Tahitian Princess or for cruising in general? I'd love the help...

Thank you!

We've sailed Tahitian's sister, Pacific Princess, and another sister, Oceania's Regatta, and enjoy the small ship experience very much.

Reference cruising in general, read the "stickies" above, lots of good info there.

If you then have specific questions, ask away!

MSTV: We have a roll call going for this cruise. Why don't you come over to that section and join us if you want. We are all looking forward to Tahiti and everything we have planned to do.

Hope you decide to join us there. Look for th July 12 roll call on the Tahitian Board under Princess.

Hi guys! My husband and I are going on our honeymoon July 12th on the Tahitian Princess. It will be my 1st cruise. Anyone have any tips for traveling on the Tahitian Princess or for cruising in general? I'd love the help... Thank you!

Snorkeling is fantastic in Tahiti. If you enjoy it my suggestion is to do a pickup tour on the dock at Bora Bora and Moorea. In both cases we were in a boat with 6-10 folks, did a complete circle of the islands with stops to swim with sting rays, snorkel, and stop on a motu. At Bora Bora he even took us outside the reef to chum for sharks. It was pretty reasonable (about $50 each as I remember)

At Raiatea I suggest doing the Tahaa coral canyon snorkel trip. That can be booked on board (which we did) and may be available on the dock.

general is that you can do a lot or just kick back and let the world pass you by. If you like water sports, then this is the place for you. As mentioned before, do try out the snorkling, they have excursions for every type of swimmer. Hint would be to make sure you take about water shoes and some dive gloves. These were very helpful, especially if you take a drfit snorkle and need to fend off some coral. Take at least one circle tour of one of the islands - we did Tahiti and Moorea and really enjoyed learning more about the islands. One was a Princess organized tour (Tahiti), the other we picked up at the dock. I like the Tahiti one better as the guide seemed a bit more knowledgeable. We ended up at a couple of places in Moorea because the driver had partial interest in the business.

Make sure you check out Le Marche for flowers arrangements for your room - they are very inexpensive and last the entire trip. There are all sort of island-made products and are cheaper here than on the outer island. If you are going to the Cook Islands, this is also a great place to shop as the exchange rate is good. Make sure you check out the island god Tangaroa. He's on their coinage as well as just about everywhere else.

Also check out Les Roulettes even if it's just for dessert. It really gives you the taste of the islands.

I wish we could go again for the first time. You are going to have a wonderful time.

Charlie

Hi guys! My husband and I are going on our honeymoon July 12th on the Tahitian Princess. It will be my 1st cruise. Anyone have any tips for traveling on the Tahitian Princess or for cruising in general? I'd love the help... Thank you!

In Raiatea they have locals come on board to put on a Tahitian show. They have performers of all ages, but the first show has the kids. Our show had kids as young a 2 yrs old. We really enjoyed it.

Archived