March 19 & April 1 Crossings

Martita B.

Sailor's, I have rethought my flight home on March 31st after our Pride Crossing. Last March we arrived several hours later than scheduled because of Mother Nature and the VERY active Atlantic ocean. Those that had flights departing Lisbon later that day had to cancel and spent the night in Lisbon. Seabourn, of course,

whisked them to a hotel with rooms and meals compilmentary, but passengers then needed to make other flight reservations. Some Seabourn sailors didn't arrive at their home destinations for several days. As I stayed on the Pride for the next voyage it didn't affect me but as no one can predict weather, especially on the high seas, it could very well happen again. (this was my 5th Crossing and the 1st time we've ever experienced off schedule arrival)

The Pride will arrive in Lisbon on March 31st.....the Legend, April 13th.

I am now planning to overnight in Lisbon, then flying TAP to Newark the following day (April 1)

Some Sailors, booked on both 2007 Spring Crossings, may not have heard of our weathered related late arrival "hic up."

Cruisin'Matt can "chime in" here and report on those waiting for the Pride to sail into Lisboa on March 28th.

Martita B.

• 1 month later...

Hi Martita,

Thanks for the advice. My partner and I just booked the March 19th Pride crossing - we're neophites to Seabourn so be kind to us (from everything I've read, I know I don't have to worry!). We're sort of regulars on Silversea but we've wanted to try Seabourn for awhile and really wanted to do a Trans-Atlantic. I'm glad this has worked out and we're looking forward to joining your merry bunch. Have you decided on a theme yet?

I don't know if you'll recall but you and I emailed about this time last year regarding Seabourn's Trans-Atlantic crossings. I had been stationed at Goodfellow in San Angelo and you filled me in on how the city and base have changed since the mid-1980's. Still haven't had a chance to get back there to visit friends who retired from the Air Force and returned to San Angelo, but hope to in the near future.

Perry

It was Seabourn who made the new flight arrangements for us. We didn't have to do it ourselves, though I met quite a few people who were actually busy doing so. But it wasn't quite necessary. And we didn't have to pay extra costs. For our next March Pride crossing we booked a later flight however. To give us some more time space, just in case. . .

It was Seabourn who made the new flight arrangements for us. We didn't have to do it ourselves, though I met quite a few people who were actually busy doing so. But it wasn't quite necessary. And we didn't have to pay extra costs. For our next March Pride crossing we booked a later flight however. To give us some more time space, just in case. . .

Thanks for this information Marja! I do have a question. Did Seabourn make new flight arrangements and absorb the extra costs for everybody or just those who booked their airfare through Seabourn? My flight out of LIS is 11:40 am on the day of arrival. If King Neptune has a bad hair day and we are late arriving, that is what credit cards and travel insurance with trip interruption coverage are for.

We didn't book our flights through Seabourn. But still they changed our flight in cooperation with our TA in Amsterdam. We didn't have to do anything ourselves. But it is true what Martha said, it is not very likely that this occasion will occur again. We too have made quite e few crossings and there never was a problem before.

Perry & Richard, am thrilled to learn you'll be aboard the Pride March Crossing.....I believe you will enjoy every minute as these

voyage sea days are lazy, hazy, (a few) daisy........some crazy! Most

Guest's aboard are well traveled, seasoned Sailor's and always so interesting~~~from all parts of the world and walks of life! You will make lasting friendships! Some of my very nearest, dearest Buddies, I met on the Pride March Crossing's.

J.B. and I will disembark in Lisbon on the 31st and stay a couple of days....we have a luncheon planned at the "Albatroz Hotel" in Cascias on Sun. (if you haven't been: GO!)

Then fly out on Mon. (Lisbon to GatwickTAP- Gatwick to Dallas (AA) The fare was "dirt cheap!" We grabbed it!) I'mgoing to use Seabourn's Valet Service.

Again, "Welcome to our Seabourn Family!"

Martita B.

Martita thank you for the warm welcome! We know we'll have a great time.

We're also going to be staying in Lisbon for a couple of days at the Solar Do Castelo - nothing like a walk up a steep hill to the fort to get the blood pumping! I just booked our return flights on British Airways - less than 1/2 the price quoted for Tap or Continental. I've got family - two sisters and my mother - in the South Florida area so we'll head on down there from DC on the Saturday before the Pride sails.

Perry

Perry,

Travel plans perfect! A number of us will be staying at The Embassy Suites (17th Street) before the Crossing. A few of us flying in on March 17th (in green of course!) the others will come in on March 18th.

Martita B.

(shhhh bring PIRATE

pajama's!!)

I was surfing CruiseCal.com to see how many ships would be in port at FFL the day we sailed on the Pride crossing and found out that we and the Coral Princess are the only ships in port. The port calendar also showed the Pride in port on March 20 as well. The port calendar shows the Pride in port form 8:00 am. to 5:00 pm. on the 19th (per the itinerary) with the Pride returning to port at 8:00 am. March 20, (should be steaming for 8 days to Ponta Delgada)with no departure time and sharing with the Sun Princess that day. A fifteen hour cruise to nowhere instead of 12 days to Lisboa is way too short for me! :eek: Since we do come back to FLL, I assume we will not experience a "Gilligan's Island-esque" three hour cruise! :D

I am sure this is a glitch on the port calendar. Is there something I missed here? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

As new cruisers to Seabourn, just a quick question to those who have sailed transatlantic. We're scheduled on the Manaus - Ft. Lauderdale - Lisbon on the Pride 31/07 to 3/31/07. For those who have done either of these cruises, does it matter whether cabin is starboard or port? We've been given our option, but unlike most other cruises we have taken, I can't seem to determine if there is a major difference on this route. Thanks so very much.

Brian

As new cruisers to Seabourn, just a quick question to those who have sailed transatlantic. We're scheduled on the Manaus - Ft. Lauderdale - Lisbon on the Pride 31/07 to 3/31/07. For those who have done either of these cruises, does it matter whether cabin is starboard or port? We've been given our option, but unlike most other cruises we have taken, I can't seem to determine if there is a major difference on this route. Thanks so very much.

Hi Brian and welcome aboard Seabourn Cruise Line! You are going to have a gerat time onboard! I too will be on the Pride eastbound crossing to Lisboa. Since you will be sailing a northeasterly route to Ponta Delgada and then Lisboa, being on the port or starbord side of the ship makes no difference to me. However, if you prefer the sunlight streaming into your suite in the mornings, then pick a suite on the port side. Or, if you prefer the sunlight streaming into your suite in the late afternoons, then pick a suite on the starboard side.

Regardless of your suite assignment or deck location, the onboard experience will be awesome!

However, if you prefer the sunlight streaming into your suite in the mornings, then pick a suite on the port side. Or, if you prefer the sunlight streaming into your suite in the late afternoons, then pick a suite on the starboard side.

Hi Paul,

Message from Brian, he wants to query your above statement. If you are travelling northeasterly and the sun rises in the east and sets in the west surely the sun would be on the starboard side in the mornings and port side in the evenings? Or is Brian going mad:eek: ?

See you in November!

Kathryn

Brian,

WELCOME to the Seabourn Family......and to our information board!

All suites on the "Sister's" are most comfortable but you might consider a mid-ship stateroom for the Atlantic Cross. The sea/weather is unpredicable......most voyages have been smooth and sunshine, but last Spring we did encounter some rough sea days.

I'm looking forward to sailing with both of you!

Again, "Beinvenidas"

Martita

Message from Brian, he wants to query your above statement. If you are travelling northeasterly and the sun rises in the east and sets in the west surely the sun would be on the starboard side in the mornings and port side in the evenings? Or is Brian going mad:eek: ?

Hi Kathryn and Brian! So glad to see that Brian surfs here as well. Tell Brian he is as sane as they come and I appreciated the nautical terminology refresher course (my face is red with embarrasment)! :o That is what I get for coming on here for a quick de-stress during a busy day at work and posting nautically incorrect information :( (I must have been subconsciouly thinking about our Nov. westbound crossing on Lady Legend and got my bearings flip-flopped) :D

I too look forward to seeing you both this November!

Thank you one and all for your quick responses and good thoughts. I will put my money down on the port side today. While I dearly love early morning sun, my partner has never enjoyed either the words "early" or "morning."

Since you were all so kind with that question, I'll pose another: we've done 30 day jaunts with both Holland America and Princess (also a shorter Carnival, but that was so dreadful, it doesn't bear mentioning); what dress code differences would you say there are between those lines and Seabourn?

Any other Seabourn tips from you pros would be gratefully appreciated as well. Thanks again.

Have already begun holding my breath until March...

Brian

Brian,

As to dress on the Pride Crossings. We dress most casually during the day. (one Crossing, a man from Houston wore his white terry robe and slippers each morning to the Sky Bar.....had his bloody Mary's....enjoyed visitin' with fellow shipmates, then we'd see him in the dining room, for lunch dressed "to the 9's!!)

In the evenings the men wear jackets, (many navy blazers) ladies are dressed appropriately. We'll enjoy at least 3 formal nights....Tux or dark dress suits. Ladies in long or short formal evening attire. Dinners during the 12 day voyage are "high-lights" of the day.

Please feel free to ask any/all questions as to the Crossing~~~many on our board are "Transatlantic aficionados!"

Martita B.

Brian,

I'm with your partner on the early morning thing. It doesn't help that my partner is quite the opposite - bright and cheery at 6 a.m. What is that all about? Very annoying! But as long as I can get a pot of java delivered to the suite all will be good. I have found that by closing both sets of curtains - the ones on the windows and the ones separating the sitting area from the beds - you can sleep in as late as you like. Look forward to meeting all on board in March!

Perry

• 1 month later...

Hi Marta and everyone. My husband and I will be sailing on the Pride March 19th. We look forward to meeting you and experiencing Seabourn. We have sailed a lot mostly with Princess. Do you have any advice or suggestions?

We are now aboard the Pacific Princess one day out of Cape Town on our way to Sydney.

Bye Bye BB

Hi Barbara BBB and welcome to Seabourn Cruise Line! My only advice is to prepare yourselves to be pampered and spoiled! Owing to the fact that the crossings on the Pride and the Legend are, arguably, the most popular sailings on Seabourn, you and your hubby are going to have a grand time indeed! :)

The link below takes you to a generic Atlantic crsossing thread started by a potential Seabourn passenger. As I stated in one of my posts, ask any and all questions that you may have. We Seabourn sailors are a friendly group and enjoy sharing our experiences and answering questions for those new to Seabourn. We all had to walk up that gangway to embark on our Seabourn Yacht for the first time, so don't be shy.

[thread]403031[/thread]

Continue to enjoy your Pacific Princess sailing to Sydney. I sailed on the previous Pacific Princess, the Original Love Boat on a wonderful Hawaii / Tahiti cruise back in 1992. Then, ten years later, cruising friends convinced me to try Seabourn and we did a B2B 19 day sailing from Malaga, Spain to Fort Lauderdale. Since day 4 or 5 of that cruise, I have been helplessly addictied to Seabourn — and there is no drug to cure it! The same thing may happen to you and your hubby. :D

• 2 weeks later...

;) We are also "transAtlantic aficionados" (after one crossing:)) but the March 19 sailing will be our first on Seabourn. Needless to say, spouse and I are greatly looking forward to it.

I almost always do all of my own travel booking (with the exception of using a TA for SS and now Seabourn), but that return from Lisbon (probably to NYC) has me a bit flummoxed. Any advice re carriers, etc. would be appreciated!

Itsally,

Many of the TA Crossers spend the night (or several days) in Lisbon, then take either TAP (Air Portugal) or Continental back to Newark the next morning.

In the past, the Continental flight (the same day) was too early to disembark, then rush to make the flight, thus flying the TAP flight later.

I've flown both several times, but we do enjoy staying in Lisbon and enjoying "the flavor!" My friend, JB and I will be spending a few days in and a'round Lisbon next April.

Welcome to Seabourn~~our Crossings are always much fun and always magical.

Martita B.

Archived