Dawn Review from 06/03 Cruise

The waters were rough going out of NYC, and started to calm down around Bermuda. The water was smooth like silk around the Bahamas.

We took Meclizine (12.5 mg/pill), 2 every 4 hours for first few days, and then we were fine.

I only had sea sickness once and that was on a dive trip in Lake Michigan, and I wanted to keep it that way.

This was my wife's first cruise, and with the pill she still felt not herself the first couple of days.

Some people used the patch, but they were complaining about some blurness, and could not focus when reading. They switched to Dramamine.

I used the patch on my second cruise and never had a problem.

I am not sure if I really needed the pills, but I did not want to risk it.;)

The Hairdryer on the Dawn work fine. My wife has very long hair and thick, and she dry it fine...just like at home..:eek:

Also, the shower was very nice....a lot of room and the water pressure and temp was very good.

Thanks for the info on the hairdryer...I can now put my mom's mind at ease. :) I don't think cruiselines allow irons to be brought on-board. Did you bring one or were you provided with one upon request? Or did you not even need one? I think for a fee they can iron your clothes but I'm not good at packing so those fees would add up rather quickly for me! LOL...

Thanks for your posts, by the way...I check in throughout the day!!!

We did not bring one, we read some information on this earlier.

I did have a suit (I know it is Freestyle) and my wife brought so dress.

The closet is plenty big and you can hang your clothes up ...that will help.

Also, you can buy a bottle of Wriggle Releaser by downy. We did not have to you this on the clothes we packed. I used on a shirt I washed in the sink and sprayed it on and it works great.

We tried it before we left on a shirt that was wriggled, and sprayed it on and the wriggles were gone...

Furthermore you can run your shower for about 5 minutes at very hot and hang your clothes up in the shower on the cloths line that is provided.

We brought a large suitcase each and stored them under the bed (we were a bit over weight going home (the suitcases that is:rolleyes: )).

In summary, you do not need to bring an Iron, there are other alternatives which work.

Also, you can buy a bottle of Wriggle Releaser by downy. We did not have to you this on the clothes we packed. I used on a shirt I washed in the sink and sprayed it on and it works great.

We tried it before we left on a shirt that was wriggled, and sprayed it on and the wriggles were gone...

Furthermore you can run your shower for about 5 minutes at very hot and hang your clothes up in the shower on the cloths line that is provided.

We brought a large suitcase each and stored them under the bed (we were a bit over weight going home (the suitcases that is:rolleyes: )).

In summary, you do not need to bring an Iron, there are other alternatives which work.

Sorry about the double posting....not sure what happened...:confused:

Thanks!

You don't need to qualify why you brought your suit! My husband and I look forward to a formal night on the ships and get disappointed dining next to people in very casual wear...but I digress...

I've never heard of the spray you mentioned by Downy. I will look for it. Thanks! I've tried hanging things in the bathroom and found that the steam just isn't hot enough to get all the wrinkles out.

We are actually getting better at packing. We used to overpack but since we've cruised enough before, we have a better idea of exactly what we should bring so our suitcases should be more roomy and thus, the clothes less wrinkley! But even small wrinkles drive me nuts so if I can get them out with that spray, I'll be lucky duck!

We'll see!

Lisa, There are irons onboard the ship, in the laundry area. I believe there are laundry rooms on all decks, not sure though. I know that there was on the Dawn on deck 11 cause I have used the facilities. Have a great time.

Thanks!

You don't need to qualify why you brought your suit! My husband and I look forward to a formal night on the ships and get disappointed dining next to people in very casual wear...but I digress...

I've never heard of the spray you mentioned by Downy. I will look for it. Thanks! I've tried hanging things in the bathroom and found that the steam just isn't hot enough to get all the wrinkles out.

We are actually getting better at packing. We used to overpack but since we've cruised enough before, we have a better idea of exactly what we should bring so our suitcases should be more roomy and thus, the clothes less wrinkley! But even small wrinkles drive me nuts so if I can get them out with that spray, I'll be lucky duck!

We'll see!

Sorry about the typos but I sometimes write without proof reading ...:eek:

The correct name is Downy Wrinkle Releaser..you can buy it at Target, Walmart, etc..

My wife and I usually take long trips to Europe and we always over pack...we will never learn:o

Archived