Post stay at the Sheraton Maui

tamiketiff

Just wondered if anyone can share their experience at the Sheraton Maui on Black Rock. Staying there post cruise in August. Will we be able to walk to much or will we need a rental car. Also, what good restaurants might be near by? Thanks!

The Sheraton is a great resort. The pool and beach are wonderful. You will need a car for sure. It's a long way to walk to anything but another resort. The Lahaina area is a drive as is Kehei. I'd recommend the Old Lahaina luau for sure and there are a ton of other great restaurants. Roy's for one is great hawaiian cuisine.

We stayed at the Sheraton Maui years ago when it was the last resort on the beach and the only thing to walk to was a small mall - which was great because they had a bookstore and a Crazy Shirts store - however, to do the island justice, you really should get out and drive around. Go up country to Kula (the protea farms are my favorite)or check out the Io needle - the park there is incredible. I'd skip the Road to Hana myself unless you're into blind curves and lots of company. There is so much to see and do on the island that it would be folly to limit yourself to the Kaanpali area.

Charlie

Archived