Scuba Intro in Grand Cayman

pwrchick

I'll be going to Cayman myself in Aug. and will dive there, so I have done some research.

Most dive ops in Cayman are reputable, and Cayman is one of the premier diving location in the world. Clear water, good visibility, good coral growth, good sealife, and very warm temperature. You picked a good place to try scuba.

Eden Rock seems to have good reputation. It is also close to the cruise terminal (few minutes walk). It has good shore diving. Don't know how long you are staying and if you may have a chance to do a 1-tank boat dive after. But if not, you can still snorkel there, it is supposed to be real good. When I go to Cayman and finish my morning dive, my wife and I are planning to go to Eden Rock, and do some snorkeling there.

We snorkeled at eden rock in 2/05 and loved it. We were suppose to do a boat dive but I had an ear problem and could not dive. When we were there they had a discovery dive class going on. Seemed very professional. The people in the dive center were very friendly and helpful. We are going there again 2/07. We plan to do a shore dive at eden rock while some others in the family that are not certified divers do a discovery dive. We would normaly do a wall dive since we are certified divers but we want to keep the family together. I think you would be happy with eden rock dive center.

Jim & Bev

Archived