majesty cruise 6/4/06

beccab

Embarkation..very smooth. Arrived approx 11:30. Only hitch was our cabin # was wrong since we were upgraded. Make sure to check luggage tags and make appropriate changes. Also, check your ticket once you are registered at the desk as ours printed with the original cabin #.

Once on board and checked out cabin which was an oceanview that stated 60% obstruction. The obstruction must have been the sky as there was a boat hanging outside & above our window. Otherwise we had a full view left, right & down. We enjoyed this cabin very much as we were portside(I think. Left facing front) and therefore faced St. George's. Looking down we could see the Promenade Deck. Only thing, be careful as crew members do climb up and down by the windows. The cabin was small but clean & manageable. There was no hair dryer however.

Food ranged from very good, which was at Le Bistro, to one food item that I thought was awful at the regualar restaurant. We made reservations at Le Bistro for the 1st night as we had a coupon. I tried something new, escargot. They are not for me. The entre was Filet Mignon w/Bernaise Sauce which was very good. For dessert I had the chocolat fondue which was wonderful. Next few nights we ate in The Four Seasons. Food here was generally good although portions a lot smaller. The one really bad dish I had was the mushroom/herb stuffed ravioli. The ravioli was like eating raw dough. However, wait staff is very accomodating & I was able to order another entre no problem. I would suggest if you are uncertain about eating at Le Bistro make a reservation (cancel later if you change your mind) especially if you are thinking about the end of the cruise as the restaurant was full on the last two nights whereas it was almost empty the beginning of the cruise & while in Bermuda. The wait staff in Le Bistro were very nice & friendly.

The buffets were the same every day. The best food at the breakfast buffet was the omelet which was very good. The lunch buffet consisted of salads e.g. potato, green bean, waldorf, green ect. Chicken which was good, fried fish which was dry and a carving station (not sure that is there every day).

Overall experience was; we had a great time. The crew was really very nice and accomodating. Many would make a point of saying hello when passing. However, they worked different stations so sometimes I didn't know where we had seen them. We got a kick out of the "cleansing balls" which were everywhere and the crew member that will squirt your hands with a spray bottle of hand sanitizer when getting back on the ship.

I have the dailys and a bar menu if anyone needs/wants any info.

Thanks for your review. I am wondering if the filet mignon is served everyweek. I was under the impression that it was not and was it served in all the resturants. I love this ship and will be on it a week from this Sunday 6/25 and thought that I would not get my filet mignon. I am know even more excited...I would love to see what you have if you can send it by email DYanoolis@aol.com

Thanks again

Thanks for your review. I am wondering if the filet mignon is served everyweek. I was under the impression that it was not and was it served in all the resturants. I love this ship and will be on it a week from this Sunday 6/25 and thought that I would not get my filet mignon. I am know even more excited...I would love to see what you have if you can send it by email DYanoolis@aol.com

Thanks again

Le Bistro always serves filet migon.

I will try to get some info out to those who asked. We came home to a broken water pipe & my computer plus much, much more was damaged so I have to use DS when he isn't around.

We went to Le Bistro twice & I had the filet twice.

Beccab,

We were on the June 11th Majesty cruise, and we also had a great time. I did watch from the pier on June 4th as you sailed away to Bermuda. I am slowly getting my review done. I was going to do it live, but we were having too much fun...

Jackie

Spoiled at Sea - Live from the Majesty, Cabin 901 - 06.11.06 - Part 1

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=366734

Archived