GOLF while in port

LoveToTravelTwo

Husband is avid golfer and wants to play while in ports of Cabo and PV (HAL - Zaandam, 12/11/06 departure from San Diego). All golf arrangements need to be made privately because HAL does not offer this service. Has anyone done this before? Are there any problems anyone is aware of or any suggestions? Does anyone have any experience with the company Tee Time Mexico? Is anyone out there also interested in golf on this cruise? Thanks!

Husband is avid golfer and wants to play while in ports of Cabo and PV (HAL - Zaandam, 12/11/06 departure from San Diego). All golf arrangements need to be made privately because HAL does not offer this service. Has anyone done this before? Are there any problems anyone is aware of or any suggestions? Does anyone have any experience with the company Tee Time Mexico? Is anyone out there also interested in golf on this cruise? Thanks!

I'm not a big golfer and haven't played any of the courses in Vallarta yet. I have stayed in the Marina several times and would recommend the Marina Vallarta course. It is close to the port.

I haven't heard anything good or bad about teetimesmexico.com but I have, and do use, vallartaonline.com every year. They offer the same service (package) as Tee Times with a slightly bigger discount. http://www.golfinvallarta.com/

This site has low commercial content and is designed to provide up-to-date information and current maps to Vallarta visitors. http://www.vallarta-info.com/

Enjoy!

We were in Cabo last June and my husband played at Cabo Real. He said it was beautiful and loved it! If you perform a search for golf courses in Cabo San Lucas you will see several come up. The problem my husband experienced when we traveled was the courses were reseeding while we were there so the greens were not in the best shape. Some courses still allowed playing but some were closed in June and July. Can't speak for other courses but he loved Cabo Real. Get ready to pay some big bucks-$175-200 per round.....and that's on a course that is reseeding!!! Have a great time

Many thanks to both MSN-Travelers and TylerMan for your most valuable info. We will be tendered in Cabo and only there from 7am to 4pm. TylerMan, do you think there will be enough time for hubby to get in 18 holes in Cabo? He is concerned about missing the ship! No problem in PV - we are there from 7am to 9pm.

Now, if only you could find him an interested golf buddy or 2 going on our cruise! So far, no luck on the Zaandam Roll Call.

Thanks again.

The best courses in PV are El Tigre and Vista Vallarta. El Tigre is always in great condition. Vista is the more expensive, but there are 2 courses there.....a Nicklaus and a Weiskopf. The Nicklaus is the course where they played the World Team Championship.....a hilly course, but great fun to play. The Weiskopf is narrower, bring plenty of balls. El Tigre is flat, lots of water, but some spectacular holes. I'm a member at El Tigre, but I love going to Vista occasionally. The Marina course is never in the same condition as the others. El Tigre will cost about $110, Vista is about $170.

In Cabo, Cabo Real is excellent, but my favorite is Cabo del Sol, I love the desert course, as well as the ocean course there. A little cheaper than Real, but not much......if you love to play, these courses are great value. Also, look into the El Dorado course. If you can get a tee time there....do it! The courses in Cabo are all less that 30 minutes away by taxi from the pier, so you will have plenty of time to play.....ask the pursers office if they can arrange for you to be on the first tender.

Hit them straight.

Greg

Greg, thanks so much for the valuable golf info. MSN-Travelers provided some excellent golf info websites for PV. Can you direct me to any in Cabo? Caboonline.com is not working. Looking for a site that can arrange for my husband to join other golfers and where transportation from and to the pier can be arranged at the same time.

Thanks again!

Archived