RCI Loyalist - now looking at Princess...

DJAM

Do cruiselines give out that kind of information as to how many children are on board a ship? Or is it because your a TA and you would have access to that kind of information?

Julia

I do not identify myself as a TA when I call 1-800-PRINCESS. I simply request the information and they provide it. :) I am sometimes asked for my confirmation # but that is not consistent.

You can call and tell them you are considering a certain cruise and want to know the number of kids aboard and they will provide a breakdown by age group as well as the total #.

She is a beautiful ship!

I am one of the those that RCI has driven away, after 47 cruises since 1978.

There are several reasons but out of control kids everywhere, including the Solarium which is adults only, was the icing on the cake. It took several cruises to figure out that this was not random bad luck and that they do not take their own rules seriously.

Caviargal, when it comes to ship discussion, I tend to throw out the coffee quality, the food quality, and the how dressy is dressy talks. That is very much up to individual taste.

I read for trends, and even though probably a good majority of young people on RCI are very well behaved, RCI does not correct the ones that are not. And I read that all the time.

I do not identify myself as a TA when I call 1-800-PRINCESS. I simply request the information and they provide it. :) I am sometimes asked for my confirmation # but that is not consistent.

You can call and tell them you are considering a certain cruise and want to know the number of kids aboard and they will provide a breakdown by age group as well as the total #.

Wow, that really surprises me that they do that. For some odd reason I would have thought they wouldn't give out that kind of information. I've heard you can call and ask if there is any large groups booked for the cruise but not about the demographics for children.

I guess there is something new to learn every day...

Julia

Caviargal, when it comes to ship discussion, I tend to throw out the coffee quality, the food quality, and the how dressy is dressy talks. That is very much up to individual taste.

I read for trends, and even though probably a good majority of young people on RCI are very well behaved, RCI does not correct the ones that are not. And I read that all the time.

I agree with your comments, as food, coffee, etc is pretty subjective. RCI has, however, lowered their dress code standards quite a bit. How would you feel about seeing a middle aged man in jeans and an unbuttoned vest with no shirt at all under it :eek: at dinner? Grosses me out personally.

The distinctive trends on RCI are (1) pay extra for everything cruising, (2) lower standards by far for food and service in the dining room, (3) ridiculous mark up and "rules" on wine. They do not even resemble the line they were 10 years ago.

The kid issue is totally out of control and IMO RCI is moving towards families more and more. After being on FOS it is even more blatantly obvious. They actually conducted feedback sessions with kids in all age groups on some of the pre-inaurgurals to get their specific feedback. I think the kids will the ones influencing parents to book those ships.

On FOS I imagine the kid situation will be even more out of control.

Archived