Camp Carnival on Glory - dinner for kids

jvajzp

I am wondering about the dinners for the kids at Camp Carnival. I have read that the kids can eat with Camp Carnival, but does anyone have any experience with letting their kids do this? We have 2 ten year old boys and one 4 year old girl.

Do all the ages eat together? or do they separate by age?

What types of food do they serve? Mainly hot dogs/hamburger type? any veggies?

Any responses with your experiences would be great! Thanks in advance!

Its also only on formal nights. You will have to read your capers to the meeting place. The 4 year olds will be seperate from the 10 year olds-

Be aware the 9-11 can sign themselves in and out of programs..so if you dont want you kids wandering around-- try to get them to understand now that specific rule.

Our 8 year old did this last year on the Elation. We brought her to the buffet area and signed her in at a table there. They had a little area roped off for the kids. I think they were all together but not positive about this. There was even an area just for the kids to choose their food from. Kid friendly things like pizza, hot dogs and chicken nuggets. She liked to do this rather than sit with us through a formal dinner. They would also keep her for the next activity so we did not have to rush back to get her and could finish our longer meal.:)

I am wondering about the dinners for the kids at Camp Carnival. I have read that the kids can eat with Camp Carnival, but does anyone have any experience with letting their kids do this? We have 2 ten year old boys and one 4 year old girl.

Do all the ages eat together? or do they separate by age?

What types of food do they serve? Mainly hot dogs/hamburger type? any veggies?

Any responses with your experiences would be great! Thanks in advance!

We let our 6 year old eat with CC a couple of times on our cruise in March (Miracle) and for our NEXT cruise will use the CC dinner option MORE often!!!

We have already decided, next cruise (looking at Glory Eastern route in April 07) we will let our son go there to be with his new friends so we can enjoy the Formal Night and dining room in peace. He was good in the dining room, dont get me wrong BUT had more fun at the CC dinners~ He HATED putting on a suit and tie for Formal night and would have been MUCH happier hangin at CC those nights~ He is NOT the suit and tie kinda kid and had a puss on his face the ENTIRE night!!!

They ate at the Lido Deck and had a ton to choose from~ They were all laughing and having a ball while eating together~

I believe they all ate together (age groups) and than went back down to the CC area for more fun!!!

There were nights I would pick him up at midnight after he had eaten with CC and stayed after, thinking he would be READY to leave.....

there he was sitting in a circle of kids with self made paper Pirate hats on, eating a plate of goodies, making snowcones, laughing and cutting up BEGGING ME TO STAY LONGER!!!! :eek:

Your kids will have a ball and I say USE the CC dinner option~ They will love it!!!!

Have a great trip!!!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Is it only on formal night, that the kids can eat at CC ? Is this a change from the past ? One post said it is all nights except first and last, and that's what I recall from about 3 years ago .

Thanks!

Hi when we were on the Glory they had it all but the first and last night. Guess where my son was everynight?? He didnt want to leave EVER. All the age groups were together while dining. They had a variety of foods and fruits etc. Milk juices and water as well. Drop them off everyone will be happy!

My boys ate with CC on the First formal night on our last cruise. After that, my 10 yr old wanted to eat with his friends every night! He did not return to the dining room until the last evening. My 7 yr old decided he liked the dining room too much, and ate with us the rest of the cruise.

I think it is a great option - especially for those 10-12 yr olds.

We are going again next year, and I will have our boys go with us to dinner the first night and the last night - the rest will be up to them.

Catrin

Archived