Alcoholic Beverage Waiver Question

Hi, quick question...

I'm leaving tomorrow on Explorer's 9 night Eastern Caribbean... it's just 2 people in my group, me (21), and my girlfriend, (20). I understand I'll be able to drink freely, but from what I gather, does my girlfriend have to have a waiver filled out in order to have beer and wine? Her parents won't be there, unless I would be the one signing the waiver at the pier...?

Anyone..?

Thanks!!

I actually had just spoken about this in another thread. I was just on the explorer( june 2-11). My son and his girlfriend are 20 and we( her parents and us) chose to allow them to drink. I spoke to RCCL before I left because i was worried as I am not her parent- no problem they said. When we got to the service desk I had to sign the waiver again---the customer service rep next to mine started giving me a hard time and telling me there wasno way I was allowed to sign for her since I am not her parent. I was a bit upset because her Dad had actually just left us at the terminal and could have come in to sign, had I known...my rep whispered to me not to worry that he would change the computer to make her 21. And he did- It all depends on who you check in with----the other thing is- my son( who was 20) was able to get any kind of liqour on the ship he wanted not just wine and beer( luckliy they are good kids and donot drink much). Also I did much of the ordering for allof us and they never asked the ages of the kids so you are probably fine- even if you can not get the waiver signed. Have fun--but be safe!!!!!!

But just to be on the safe side, I would have her parents fill one out and you fill another out...

Once you start to board they might try to tell you that

"you are not her legal guardian" (cuz you're not a parent)

or

"you have to be considered her legal guardian because you are travelling with her"

Cover both bases, is my suggestion

I actually had just spoken about this in another thread. I was just on the explorer( june 2-11). My son and his girlfriend are 20 and we( her parents and us) chose to allow them to drink. I spoke to RCCL before I left because i was worried as I am not her parent- no problem they said. When we got to the service desk I had to sign the waiver again---the customer service rep next to mine started giving me a hard time and telling me there wasno way I was allowed to sign for her since I am not her parent. I was a bit upset because her Dad had actually just left us at the terminal and could have come in to sign, had I known...my rep whispered to me not to worry that he would change the computer to make her 21. And he did- It all depends on who you check in with----the other thing is- my son( who was 20) was able to get any kind of liqour on the ship he wanted not just wine and beer( luckliy they are good kids and donot drink much). Also I did much of the ordering for allof us and they never asked the ages of the kids so you are probably fine- even if you can not get the waiver signed. Have fun--but be safe!!!!!!

thanks for that awesome answer sandees! feel a little better now! i know alcohol policy is loosely regulated to begin with, but just want to be prepared at the pier!

But just to be on the safe side, I would have her parents fill one out and you fill another out...

Once you start to board they might try to tell you that

"you are not her legal guardian" (cuz you're not a parent)

or

"you have to be considered her legal guardian because you are travelling with her"

Cover both bases, is my suggestion

Is this waiver on the RCCL site? I've been trying to find it...

If it is physically impossible to get her parents to sign the waiver, but they are perfectly okay with her drinking (they live in another state, they are on vacation themselves, etc), the FORGE a waiver with their signatures (unless you have to get it notarized).

but you didnt hear that from me.......:p

YOu have nothing to worry about and you will have an awesome cruise- My kid could have done shots of 151( bad Mom- he did) and no one cared. As long as you arent falling down drunk( which my son and his girfriend were not)- even if they give you trouble with the waiver you will be fine. The person who gave me trouble with the waiver was a young(20s) woman...go to the guys---- also remember you can always order wine for your room!!!!! By the way the waiver is in your on line check in but again I had it all done and they made me do it again at the port. Seriously though you have nothing at all to worry about...have fun---it was an awesome cruise!!!!

Did you look in the on line check in- when I had finished it was the last thing that popped up because I was traveling with minors...The girl that was giving me a hard time told me my sons girlfriends parent had to be there to sign..I started to call him back when our rep told me he'd take care of everything...I dont think the kid has to worry though- she will definetley be able to drink if he orders...my son was ordering for all 6 of us( not just beer and wine) and I handed the kids drinks right from the waiter and was never asked their age. I was on last week so he should be fine.

I cant find it either....you're going to have to call.

Okay... called.. RCCL rep wasn't sure at all, had to ask supervisor... came back and said if her parents aren't there she can't drink at all, even if they sign a waiver? It's all right, I can do the buying!

And just for the heck of it asked about the 21 to drink thing from the other thread, she said reps weren't told a thing about that and not to worry.

dont worry- you are right- the waiters on deck and at the bar never said a word to any of us----if you get the right rep he will help on the way in- if not-trust me- she can drink any how- also dont forget you can bring 2 bottles of wine in your luggage( we were bad and brought some vodka and malibu too they do not check ) if you bring the wine bring a cork screw so you can drink it in your room. By the way as much as it sounds it ---I am not a white trash drunk....we were paying for 6 people and needed to save some $$$ soemwhere- as it turned out we never drank 1/2 of what we snuck on- but bought plenty on the ship....have a great cruise!!!

dont worry- you are right- the waiters on deck and at the bar never said a word to any of us----if you get the right rep he will help on the way in- if not-trust me- she can drink any how- also dont forget you can bring 2 bottles of wine in your luggage( we were bad and brought some vodka and malibu too they do not check ) if you bring the wine bring a cork screw so you can drink it in your room. By the way as much as it sounds it ---I am not a white trash drunk....we were paying for 6 people and needed to save some $$$ soemwhere- as it turned out we never drank 1/2 of what we snuck on- but bought plenty on the ship....have a great cruise!!!

sounds good! thanks for all your help sandees!

sounds good! thanks for all your help sandees!

I AM a white trash drunk on cruises!

Smuggle extra booze onboard!

Get obliterated!

I always smuggle a big bottle of jack and enough diet coke to go with it!

Just make sure you dont bother anyone but your girlfriend and make sure you stay away from the side of the ship if you are intoxicated...bad things seem to happen to perfectly nice people when they are intoxicated and close to the side of the ship!

Just tell your girlfriend to flirt a little with the person checking her onboard, maybe they wont punch holes in her sea pass :D

I AM a white trash drunk on cruises!

Smuggle extra booze onboard!

Get obliterated!

I always smuggle a big bottle of jack and enough diet coke to go with it!

Just make sure you dont bother anyone but your girlfriend and make sure you stay away from the side of the ship if you are intoxicated...bad things seem to happen to perfectly nice people when they are intoxicated and close to the side of the ship!

Just tell your girlfriend to flirt a little with the person checking her onboard, maybe they wont punch holes in her sea pass :D

haha, I'll definetly pass that along to her.

Is it easy to, say, buy a bottle of booze on the islands and sneak it back on there? What's the worst case scenario if you get caught sneaking it on? Handcuffs, FBI, military plane back to the states?

I just checked for beverage waiver for my upcoming cruise with my daughter and her boyfriend(18 and 19).

If you have filled out your cruise documents online, there is a place at the bottom of the adult's form that reads beverage waiver form. The letters are in blue.

Just click on it and you can check off the names of the 18-20 year olds and submit.

I noticed you are going Aug 14, we are also, but on the Sovereign.

So what is the drinking age on RCCL ships? I was recently on Carnival and when they scan your sail and sign card if your not 21 they wont even make you a drink

18-20 for wine and beer

21 for everything

...according to the rccl rep on the phone today, until announced otherwise.

haha, I'll definetly pass that along to her.

Is it easy to, say, buy a bottle of booze on the islands and sneak it back on there? What's the worst case scenario if you get caught sneaking it on? Handcuffs, FBI, military plane back to the states?

No, it's not easy to get booze back on from an island. They make you put your bags through an xray machine and if they find any booze they tag it with your cabin number and give it to you the last night.

But, if you do try to get some back on - dont offer it up to the booze people...keep quiet and let THEM find it!

You are better off putting some booze in your CHECKED luggage (NOT you carry on luggage) Usually what we do is purchase alcohol after we reach our destination airport, sometime before we get on the ship. We purchase it and pack it in the middle of our checked luggage.

You can always purchase before you leave but be sure to carry it on to the plane. Airlines could care less if you hand carry alcohol onto the flight - and it's safer from a potential "breakage" standpoint, not to mention your luggage isnt overly heavy.

Archived