expoler 6/2-6/11- anyone ill

I read someone say their family was ill after leaving the Explorer June 11- is anyone else ill? If so how- my son who is 20 hasn't been feeling well---forgive me but-being a male(haha) he is resistant to going to the Dr. He has headache and pain swallowing- wondering if he picked something up on board or in islands? Anyone else sick from this cruise....I am starting to worry-----Thanks

started as a bit of laryngitis and dry throat on Sun AM

blossomed yesterday into nasal congestion and some coughing (a little tightness high in my chest) - I fell asleep at 8 PM last night! - felt a little feverish this AM - but nothing bad enough to keep me from going to work (I'm kind of like the guys that way)

I just figured at first that I'd spent too long in the hot tub in the Solarium on Saturday afternoon! that or the steam room... :)

I read someone say their family was ill after leaving the Explorer June 11- is anyone else ill? If so how- my son who is 20 hasn't been feeling well---forgive me but-being a male(haha) he is resistant to going to the Dr. He has headache and pain swallowing- wondering if he picked something up on board or in islands? Anyone else sick from this cruise....I am starting to worry-----Thanks

My DW, DSS and I were all on the 6/2 to 6/11 cruise. All of us feel fine :D It was a great cruise...can't wait to go again. ;)

If you flew to the departure city, it's more likely he picked it up on the plane.

Not likely they flew... they live in NJ and the Explorer sails from NJ... and given the size of NJ :D they'd have to drive further to get to an airport than they would to get to the sea port! (well, maybe I'm exagerating)

Anyways, maybe it's something going around in the area. I started feeling the onset of a cold in Monday morning as well. Lots of coughing and congestion. Figues I leave for vacation on Sunday! At least your son was healthy for his!

At 20, I hope you are able to convince him to go! Good Luck!

A~

Archived