When do price adjustments happen?

Dannzzigg

We'll we booked a little over a year ago. About every month I would go the the carnvial web site and other (not sure if I suppose to say here) like orbitz etc.

Not until this April was there a change in pricing. I watched on the web until May and prices had changed right at 300.00 so I called at the end of May and got our price reduced.

Then last night I was check (my June price check) and the prices had gone down again from May by $200.00. Our final payment is not until July 15th so I went ahead a called today and got another $200.00 off final price. Carnival rep kept asking me "now where are you seeing these prices?" I said, "I have you web page up and looking at it as we speak" Carnival rep then said hold on and came back with the good news.

I'll still watch for the next 3 weeks before finally payment and see it the prices drop anymore. But, you know I was willing to pay what we paid to begin with and glad for the total savings to date of $500.00 + $100.00 past guest credit. So all in all that's not bad.

Good Luck;)

I would check once in a week or so until final payment. Then a bit more often. I have heard between 60 and 50 days out, prices go down if a cruise is not selling that way. Then I would check even more often about three weeks out. Good luck. :o

Stefanie

Hosh, Carnival runs "past guest specials" several times a year. Sometimes they are advertised online, sometimes you'll receive an email (if they have your emaill addy), and sometimes, you might receive a flyer via USmail. Also, when you book a cruise thru a Carnival PVP, they always ask if you're a past guest.

We are booked for 2/05 Triumph and every time I check Carnival web site the price has gone up! Only $20.00/pp so far, but I'm not getting a warm fuzzy about getting any credits here. We are booked as a balcony guarantee, so I guess I'll just hope for a nice upgrade.

I went to my TA last week and put my deposit down on the Miracle for June 2005. From what I am understanding from this board, if I want to check for price decreases, I will go to Carnival's site and search like I am looking to book a cruise, right? I have booked 2 Guaranteed Balcony rooms with 2 people in each room, so I will click on the one that just says Balcony, right (not the ones with a letter after them)? The price that it is quoting is about $100 less than what the TA charged me, except the TAs price included taxes, and all that other stuff. Does the Carnival price include that? If not, how do I know how much to add? Will the TA automatically adjust if the price goes down? And if it does go down and I don't hear from them, is it considered in bad taste to call and ask for the decrease in price. Sorry about all the questions, but I am really new to cruising.

We booked our Oct 6th cruise back in Januaury and I called about every two weeks ....to date we have saved over 700.00......keep checking ....I have called even when I didn't see a change online and gotten adjustments :)Bon

Micknmin

Go through the steps as if you are actually booking the cabin on the Carnival website. At the final screen it will show you the price of your cabin and ask you how you want to pay. Carnival adds their insurance as a default. Just remove it if you didn't purchase it.

That is how you will know if your price has gone up or down.

Okay, I feel better now. I just went through all the steps, removed the insurance (since we didn't add it while at TA office), and removed the automatic tips because I don't believe he added that either, and so far we are still about $120 less than the price quoted on Carnival. I always hate to think that I overpaid for anything! I'll keep an eye on it and see if it goes down over long months ahead.

On the past guest $100.00, We booked direct with Carnival and as another post answered above my Carnival PVP that I was talking with about the price drop, said, "I see you are a past guest", I said, "yes" and he said I think I can help there as well, so that's how it happen.

It never hurts to call and ask all they can do is say, "yes" or "No".

I am booked on the Holiday for August 23, 2004 and have been checking faithfully for a price drop but today when I looked, it actually went up. Is it normal for the price to go up this close to sail date? I think we have 47 days left. :confused:

I booked on the one day sale back in March & I faithfully check both my TA's & carnivals' website daily for any price changes. So far, it has only gone done $30. I also check my airline daily for price changes as I understand they will give me credit toward future flite if the price goes down. So far it has only gone up.

Archived