I’m back and thinking about cruising the Glory!!!

JStarbrite

Well, it’s been awhile since I’ve been lurking around these boards, but myself, Seadream, Snarls and Sharkbait want to do another cruise!

I’m thinking of the Glory’s Western Caribbean route because:

-We missed Belize when we sailed the Pride due to high seas and

-The ship stays in Cozumel until 7:00 (I like to scuba dive, the girls like to shop. This port we can maybe do something together!)

I am can’t wait to hear all about this ship and ports. Carnival tells me this ship is like the Queen Mary compared to the other ships I’ve been on, the Fantasy and the Pride. They tell me that it has 22 lounges! I make it a point to have a drink in every lounge at least once during a cruise. Looks like I have my work cut out for me!

This board has always been a wealth of information and entertainment. I am looking forward to all of your comments and suggestions!

You will absolutely love the Glory. We had a blast, she is so big and beautiful. But, not so big that it is confusing. I studied the deck plans a LOT and pretty much knew the ship before we went on. Made it much easier. Yes there are 22 lounges but, that is counting pool bars and such. Karaoke was packed every nite. Piano bar was dead, but they have replaced the piano player. You have to go out on the forward deck, especially at sail aways. Go all the way forward on the 6th or 7th floor and you will see the door that takes you out there. Hardly ever anyone out there. We did the eastern so can't help you with the ports. I am posting the deck plan. http://www.user.shentel.net/cbarden/where.html

Have a great cruise

Like the other poster commented, you will love the Glory. I sailed on her last July. It was my first cruise and I loved it. It's a really great ship. Always lots of things to do and see. The 22 bars and lounges part is true, but I don't think I made it to all of them, lol. I chose a few and they quickly became favorites for certain drinks. Unlike the other poster, the piano bar was always packed out the doors. It was fairly close to the "Cosmo" bar that I frequented (don't know the name, but it always had a 2 for 1 Cosmo special) as well as the dance club, which I also frequented, it was really fun, I highly recommend stopping by there. The crew was great, the ship was always clean. You'll have a great time.

Thanks, GypsyRose for the deck plan! That was just what I was looking for. Our first cruise will be on the Glory, July 15, and I can hardly contain myself! Our 4 teens will be in 6252, husband and I in 6280. Any comments about those rooms? Will noise be a big issue in the kid's room above the Amber Palace? (Or will the noise of our cherubs be an issue for the Amber Palace:rolleyes: MB

Okay, I was on the Glory 5/20 sailing......and did the Western (new) itinerary. Loved the ship, once you realize that deck 5 is the only deck that goes from one end to the other you will be fine. Dining is on the 3rd/4th floor. We were in the Platinum dining at 8:00 great table and loved our table mates. The crew were very helpful and the bars are nice. Having the three pool sis also nice as it tends to spread people out a bit more. There were not very many shops on the ship though and my mom who is a big shopper was a bit disapointed.

The ports.....Belize was not so great. In order to do anything you really need to do an excursion. Its a small island that really is not up to par with the cruise ships yet. We did the cave tubing thru Carnival and loved every minute of it. Costa Maya which was our favorite stop was clean and the people very friendly. We decided to do a snorkel trip and although the seas were very rough had a great time and after had time to walk around the area that the ships have created. Its colorful and lots of different shops. Also has a nice spot for some drinks and a pool area. I am not much of a shopper so I hung out at the bar and in the pool while my mom shopped her heart out :) Cozumel well what can I say I have been there several times and love Cozumel, if you are a diver this is the place to go on this cruise. It is a little sad to see the difference since the Hurricane though.

All in all it was a great cruise for us, a few bumps in the road but that is to be expected. Enjoy your cruise you will love it :)

Yes. Thanks Gypsy for the deck plans. I am disappointed that Carnival doesn’t print the booklets that give you deck plans as well as pictures of the ship. I don’t have a laptop, so it is hard to take my computer in the bathroom, where I do most of my studying!

I also miss the descriptions of the lounges, so I can plan my nautical pub crawl better. Pool deck bars are a no brainier. But what about the perfect place for an after dinner Coniac and cigar? A good lounge to assemble and wait for travel companions? A quiet place when you want to have a drink and reflect how fortunate you are to be there. Piano bar a must! The disco I will try to stay long enough to have one. I heard that one of the lounges has stand up comedians and entertainers. Is this different from the comedy shows in the theater? Man, I didn’t know being a drunk was so much work!

Cave tubing is a big reason why I want this cruise! I love tubing, but will they give me another tube to put a cooler of beer in?

I am also in need of info on Costa Maya. Are there any scuba charters I can book myself? And any suggestions on what the girls can do while I’m diving?

Go ahead and book it! You'll love the Glory!

The ship is beautiful, the staff is friendly and the food is delicious. We went last year with a group that spread over 3 generations and everyone had a wonderful time.

Don't miss the piano bar and the late-night comedians!

Archived