Waiting List for Dining?

Coolgran

Never happened to me but I have heard of it. The first sitting is very popular so sometimes they get more requests for that than places. Lucky I'm used to eating dinner late due to my working hours thus I can accomodate the later sitting. Hopefully you'll get your request.

Well, it depends on which ship and which sailing you booked.

If you booked a leg of the worlds... all M-class dining is presently waitlisted on the QE2. If you booked the QM2 world or segments of... Britania dining is also waitliste for both.

If you booked a cruise on either, could be that early is indeed waitlisted. Sometimes it will clear, sometimes not.

Have your agent followup.

I was VERY surprised to be wait listed for early dining when I booked for our TA crossing for Aug 2007 - We are 37th on the list. I have been told that we will probably be able to have the early seating. I think this has something to do with Cunard keeping a certain amount of tables open for the NY/Hamburg folks, whereas we are disembarking at Southampton.

I am booked on the QE2's autumn taster cruise in October and are wait listed for second sitting. At the time of booking my travel agent was told that I was confirmed second sitting but checking my booking on the Cunard website it shows that I am only wait listed. My ta has called Cunard and they have confirmed that I am indeed only wait listed. I was somewhat surprised as I have always thought first sitting was the more popular. Fingers crossed that they will be able to squeeze me in for the second sitting.

Archived