Best place to Snorkle in Bahamas/COCO CAY

I highly recommend Coco Cay. The snorkeling there is very good with many different kinds of fish. There is a plane wreck there that you can snorkel by as well. You can rent equipment through RCCL and they will supply you with a vest. If you bring your own gear, they still make you rent a vest for safety. While snorkeling there in Dec of 05, we saw an eel, a spotted ray and tons of different fish. I like parrot fish the best and we saw plenty of them there too. The reef is healthy and there are plenty of fish there too. I am sure you will not be dissapointed in Cococay !!

Have fun !!!

There is one main area where they have snorkling. You MUST wear a vest and they have them available to rent. There isn't really a shipwreck but some cannons they dropped offshore which houses some fish. I hope things are better than in February because due to the hurricanes, they lost a lot of the fish in the area. That's what was explained to me. I didn't see a whole lot.

I loved snorkeling in Coco Cay. As others said there is a fascade of a ship, a sunken airplane and a nice rocky/reef area to snorkel in. These spots are easy to find, it's where all the people are!

We also did a day sail with Barefoot sailing

cruises in Nassau....website: http://www.bahamasvacationguide.com/bsc.html

We had really great snorkeling with them at 2 different places, one anchored off Rose Island where you can swim to the beach or snorkel on reefs about 15-30 feet offshore. What a great day that was!

Enjoy your cruise!

kitty

Any idea as to the cost of renting the vest? My wife and I have our own but we are bringing my son and his girlfriend with us this time and spending

$80-90 for 2 additional vests is a bit much if we can rent them.

Also do you rent them from the ship or from the area that you snorkel because we may end up snorkeling in areas other than just Coco Cay?

I was there a couple of weeks. All you do is walk up to the rental shack and pick out what you need. I only needed the vest and fins and I think my cost was around $14. No need to reserve in advance.

Great place.....you'll love it.

JohnRobert

Archived