Best port to go diving on a southern caribbean itinerary?

CVL105

Going on a cruise 12/24-12/31 to St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, and Aruba.

Which port is the best scuba diving? And any suggestions for a company to go through? These cruise ships charge an arm and a leg!

I appreciate your input. I kept getting the impression from the other threads the dominica was the place to dive, but I have another excursion I really want to do there and I wouldn't have time for both. Aruba I can do the dive and the other excursion there I am interested in.

I'm so excited to go on vacation and to go diving and I still have six months!!! haha

We just cruised Destiny last week with the same ports.

We dived in St Thomas using Coki Beach Dive Club, I highly reccommend them. Here is their link:

http://www.cokidive.com/

In Barbados, we used the Dive Shop Ltd-Barbados, I reccommend them also. Here is their link:

http://www.divebds.com/

The water was so clear in St Thomas, you could see forever. It was nice.

In Babados, it was not AS clear, but still very clear. We dived at Lobster Reef and Carlisle Bay. We saw wrecks during the Carlisle Bay dive.

Both places picked us up at the ship. The Dive Shop in Barbados took us back to the ship after the dives. Coki Beach Dive in St Thomas, we had to catch a cab back but it is not very far and cabs were everywhere so it was not a problem.

I would have to tell you that Dominica was the most beautiful reef and most alive one that I have seen. Aruba and St. Thomas are also beautiful and wrecks are plentiful on both. Have a great time whereever you dive.

I'll be on a cruise this coming October that will call, weather permitting (knock on wood!), on Princess Cays, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, Isla Margarita, and Curacao.

Since my wife doesn't have the energy to dive nearly everyday anymore, and we aren't going with any friends that she can hang out with while I dive, we'll likely just dive in a couple of ports.

We've both dove on Barbados a couple of times, so we'll likely opt to do something else that day. I dove once in Curacao, but she didn't, and there look to be fewer other activities there that we really want to do, so that will be one spot, and the only time we were on Dominica before, we were with non divers and did a hike to the falls, which was great, but I think I'd like to see the underside of the island this time around. :)

That gives her a couple of days between dives, although we may try and snorkel at some of the other places (we like to hit Trunk Bay on St. John for instance).

Archived