Gifts delivered to another person's room

I will be taking 2 gradution gifts on my 6/25/06 cruise. the gifts go to two other passengers (friends of my dd). I do not know their room numbers. Will the staff give me this info or will they deliver the gifts to their room for me? :confused: These are gifts I have purchased at home. Also do you think I can wrap them in a box (in checked luggage) or should I carry gift bags?

Staff probably wouldn't want to be responsible for your gifts not ordered through Carnival.

You can take them in your luggage, or carry them on in gift bags and give them out during your cruise.

I don't think you are supposed to put wrapped gifts in checked or carry on luggage anymore... in the event your bag was selected for searching they would most certainly open them. I guess you can take a chance, the chances of getting selected for random searching I think are 1 in 100.

I don't know if a cabin steward would deliver a package to someone else's room. They don't really have any incentive to do so, they have no idea what is actually in the package, and moreover, wouldn't it be more personal if you delivered them yourself? That way you know the recipients actually got them.

Here's the link from the TSA: http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/editorial/editorial_1052.xml

All the way at the end of the page this is what they say about wrapped gifts: "Wait to wrap your gifts. Be aware that wrapped gifts may need to be opened for inspection. This applies to both carry-on and checked baggage."

If you wanted to make a nice presentation, you could pack gift bags or wrapping paper and wrap them once you are on-board. Even if an employee agreed to deliver the packages for you, I advise against it. If you give them the gifts personally, you'll know that they made it to their intended recipient.

I once bought a little gift on the ship for my tablemates, who were honeymooners. I always bring a coupla gift bags, tissue, and ribbon - just in case. They had mentioned their cabin number, so I went down to that deck and asked the steward nearest their cabin to put it in there for me. I was thanked by the happy couple that evening.

I once bought a little gift on the ship for my tablemates, who were honeymooners. I always bring a coupla gift bags, tissue, and ribbon - just in case. They had mentioned their cabin number, so I went down to that deck and asked the steward nearest their cabin to put it in there for me. I was thanked by the happy couple that evening.

That's very thoughtful of you:) Good idea! you never know what great people you meet.

RV - Like scouts, I am always prepared!:D

This is a sweet little story...

On one cruise, there was an elderly couple (later found out they were celebrating their 60th anniversary!), and they were at a table for two. I noticed the first coupla nights that they didn't seem to be real happy - rarely saw a smile, and little conversation. The third night, I took them a little crystal figure from the nicer shop, in a gift bag, to their table. They both lit up like a Christmas tree! The remaining nights, they smiled at me from their table, and we had after-dinner drinks in one of the small lounges later. I enjoyed them SO much.

Sometimes, an itsy bitsy thing can mean a lot to someone.:)

Archived