come on you 14th july cruiseras????

seabourndt

Hello

I'm also travelling on the QM2 on 14th July :D can't wait have never sailed with Cunard before. Cabin 4031 a hull balcony. Having read some cruise critic reviews I was somewhat concerned there could be noise issues from the theatre and also sea spray knocking me off the balcony! Phoned Cunard but they assure me cabins are extremely well insulated and that they have never received either noise or sea spray complaints - seems strange as I guess the cruisers writing on here would have complained. Less than 4 weeks to go now.

Debbie

not heard of any issues of noise, done 1 cruise onqm2 before had obstructed balcny. so this should be better. as to falling out of your balcony. impossible? as your hasa window in the balcony as mine has an open hole, think thats right. like to meet up whilst on board, i'm from london. you live in horsham? done 36 cruises so far in 12years. on ferry on way back to portsmouth afterr seeing 7 seas voyager in honfleur. as i'm going on her on transatlantic in nov in aft balcony.

dave

Only joking about being swept off balcony - but there are some comments on sea spray and noise being a problems in cabins above the theatre. Will leave to nearer the time and see if any other cabins become available - there was very little choice (within a price range) when we booked even though that was 5 months ago. Does Cunard do cruise critic parties ? or is that just celebrity and royal carribbean?

Does Cunard do cruise critic parties ? or is that just celebrity and royal carribbean?

Cunard doesn't! So we do our own!

Usually someone takes the lead, or folks just start passing ideas. Many have found that 2:00 on the second day works for most. You needn't worry about the first night when people are trying to get settled and unpacked, and figuring out where things are and worrying about their dinner seating, spa appointments and such. 2:00 is a time most people can work with. Usually a central, easy to find public area such as the Chart Room, which has a few couches and some chairs one can pull over, and good bartenders who will recognize you are a group and bring over some peanuts or bar munchies. I heartily recommend either name tags or a table card or something that will tell others you are Cruise Critics (We look just like "Real" people, you know!) If you go to the Cruise Critics Shopping area, there is a luggage tag which I was able to copy the CC logo from (I hope they don't mind, since it IS related!) for our name badges, which I made and printed on my computer.

Why don't you decide to announce this get-together, and keep a roster of names (You can put a roll call up here, and on the Roll Call thread, under "other cruise lines" I do recommend that one person be entrusted with last names and cabin numbers if people don't want to put them on the thread. That person can have folks email him or her back channel (b/c) That way if you miss someone you really want to meet from here, you can leave a note for them at the Purser's desk, or on their cabin phone. We had a few we would have loved to have met, but had no last names, real email addresses, or cabin numbers for some!

And don't forget to take pictures!

Karie,

Who has learned from her mistakes for next time!

Archived