What Do You Do....days At Sea?

I'm never bored on sea days! I am one of those people who always has a scheme to do something too. I don't do, "down time" very well. You could say Type A with a bullet. I read a while. It's nice to read (I never sleep in), have a wonderful breakfast in the dining room and go after activities like it's a contest. I rock climb or rollerblade, mini golf etc. I don't really shop much. I'm at the pool for the games and the band. I work out longer too. A nice lunch in the dining room is always a treat on sea days.

Oh and I take a nap! Yes a nap. It's not like me to do that and it takes till the sea day near the end of the cruise to get me that relaxed, but I do it. What a wonderful luxury!!

Relax, relax, relax................time to catch up with a good book..........take a nap in the solarium..........just relax and listen to the sea.

I absolutely LOVE sea days.....if I could take a 7 day cruise with NO port stops, I'd be happy!! Love the smell of the ocean air....not seeing land for days....relaxing in a deck chair on the highest deck where all you can see is ocean and faintly hear the steel drum music in the background, sipping on a lovely cocktail......oh my...does life get any better than that??

You can do NOTHING....and relax...

or you can take advantage of the "cruise" activities - poolside games, bingo, horseracing (hopefully), and the rest of the stuff in the compass....there is usually so much to do you can't possibly do it all...

IMHO - I enjoy those things

I use the boring ports and ports we've been to many times days to relax on a very quiet ship. Nothing like it!!!!

I enjoy a good book, a comfortable chair, and people watching, among other things.

There are enough organized activities from which to pick and choose, so boredom should not be an issue.

I agree with the other poster about the moer the sea days the nicer. Loved Mariner Eastern just because it had more sea days than others. Love them...that is the time to enjoy what the ship has.

I have to agree with QTBabyNurse, the ocean is our favorite part of the cruise.

You can keep the games, demonstrations, art (?) auctions, bingo, etc.... We love to be up on deck, seeing the ocean, away from the crowds. My husband is type A at home, it's so nice to see him do....nothing at all.

Reading until I fall asleep on a lounge chair, that's a vacation!

My first cruise is going to be this November, but I already know that the days at sea will probably be my favorite days of all. I love the idea of not having any particular place to be, no telephones, no housework or cooking, reading a good book, relaxing with a drink and watching the ocean drift by. Oh...it sounds like heaven on earth to me. :D

I absolutely LOVE sea days.....if I could take a 7 day cruise with NO port stops, I'd be happy!! Love the smell of the ocean air....not seeing land for days....relaxing in a deck chair on the highest deck where all you can see is ocean and faintly hear the steel drum music in the background, sipping on a lovely cocktail......oh my...does life get any better than that??

I'm in full agreement

My first cruise is going to be this November, but I already know that the days at sea will probably be my favorite days of all. I love the idea of not having any particular place to be, no telephones, no housework or cooking, reading a good book, relaxing with a drink and watching the ocean drift by. Oh...it sounds like heaven on earth to me. :D

It is heaven.

I like to relax on my balcony and read a book. Have a nice lunch in the dining room. Maybe go to one of the activities. Take a nap. Yep, agree with everyone else, sea days are awesome. I'm also with threeofus, staying on the ship while everyone else is off in the port is soo wonderful. It's like having the whole ship practically to yourself!

How Do You Fill In Your Days At Sea? What's Available On Splendour? Thanks. D

Sea days are great.....time to relax at the pool and read a good book........and every once in a while.......the book falls asleep on me.....:)

Guest deck_chair_capt
How Do You Fill In Your Days At Sea? What's Available On Splendour? Thanks. D

I've given this some very serious thought...and although not a specific recipe for the Splendour per se, I believe this will you to enjoy your time at sea on any ship...

Up just before sunrise...grab a cup of coffee, find a deck chair and position yourself to watch the sunrise and/or daybreak....Get a second cup just before the sun breaks the horizon...perhaps another as the sun breaks forth...

Watch the ocean...listen to the sounds of the waves...and the sounds of the ship...the throbbing of the engines...the voices of the people greeting the new day...the sounds of the new day emerging...

Mid-morning...back to the cabin...shower and refresh...grab some breakfast...watch the ocean...grab a deck chair and sit near the railing and watch the ocean...listen to the waves...maybe around ten or so order a bloody mary...or two...watch the ocean...around noon, order a cold beer...or two...have some lunch...walk the ship...look for isolated vantage points where there are not many people...and...watch the ocean...listen to the waves...feel the wind on your face...experience the motion of the ship...

Afternoon...a nap...perhaps another shower...grab a deck chair...find a place (from your previous explorations) and...watch the ocean...around 5 o'clock, order a martini...or two...continue watching the ocean...relaxing...pondering...EXPERIENCING the sea...

Later...dress for dinner...afterwards...watch the moon come up...and watch the ocean...listen to the waves...experience the sea...listen to the sounds of the ocean at night...

Grab a few hours sleep...if necessary...get up just before dawn...and repeat the process for as many days as you are at sea...(relaxing in a deck chair may be substituted by "leaning against the railing," or "placing your back against a bulkhead..." Also, any of the above experienced with a like-minded partner or some friends will add greatly to your enjoyment of the moment...of being at sea...

With some minor modifications, you can multiply this strategy times the number of days you will be at sea.

Oh, yes, I am told that the ship actually makes stops at some ports, but I was always too busy...watching the sea...

Hope this gives you some ideas....

I totally agree with what QTBabyNurse said.

DH has for a long time wanted to do 15 day cruise to Hawaii and I would object because I thought there were too many sea days. We recently took a 10 day cruise to the Panama Canal and had several sea days and I LOVED those sea days. A few weeks ago we booked that 15 day cruise to Hawaii for April 2007 and I say bring on the sea days!

I love sea days. It's so hard to decide between the sun and the activities. I am looking forward to leaving from the north this fall in cooler weather so I don't have to make the decision. I love the black jack tournaments, the cooking demos, pool games, slot tornaments, you name it!!! The hardest part of sea days are making decisions. They are the true vacation!

Archived