Antigua-snorkeling beaches

We enjoyed Pinapple beach for snorkeling. There was huge specimens of brain coral, largest I have ever seen.Fish and other coral, too, but I was impressed and I have snorkeled in many different places in the carribean. We went last October, so not sure if they are still doing the day passes. Check the Antiqua board for more info.

We enjoyed Pinapple beach for snorkeling. There was huge specimens of brain coral, largest I have ever seen.Fish and other coral, too, but I was impressed and I have snorkeled in many different places in the carribean. We went last October, so not sure if they are still doing the day passes. Check the Antiqua board for more info.

Thanks for the info! I'll look into it. Kathy

We went to Pineapple beach too. If you drew a line straight from where the ship docks to the opposite side of the island, that's where it's at. There are numerous restaurants and bars you can walk up to from the beach. The snorkeling wasn't the best we've had, but it wasn't bad either. We snorkelled there all day. If you could see an aerial view of the water, it would look like a large area of reef with several "channels" about 5-10 feet wide running throughout it, which are like natural pathways to navigate through. The further out you go, there are some substantial drop-offs, and some swift current. As long as you stay in the channels, you'll be fine. There was plenty to see to keep you occupied for several hours, and the water visibilty was good. When you get worn out, you can rent a chair and umbrella, or a jet ski. Plenty of trinket vendor shops right on the beach, and not many "hawkers" trying to sell junk while you're trying to relax. A very "safe" area, and a nice place to spend the whole day. There appeared to be taxi's available to take you back whenever, but we had a group of 8 and rented a taxi for the entire day. All of the following pictures are from our Pineapple Beach trip. Enjoy!

20511769407_0_ALB.jpg

51000769407_0_ALB.jpg

91551769407_0_ALB.jpg

89790769407_0_ALB.jpg

:D

Archived