price of soda drinks? avail drinks on board?

star65

Can you tell me how much they charge on the legend for a can of soda. We are not BIG soda drinkers, but I am trying to decide if the soda card is a good idea. Also, what drinks are free? If there is iced tea, do you know if its real tea or powdered? One more question, do they give you glasses of water at dinner for free or do you need to get bottled water, we are very big water drinkers. Thanks so much

Can you tell me how much they charge on the legend for a can of soda. We are not BIG soda drinkers, but I am trying to decide if the soda card is a good idea. Also, what drinks are free? If there is iced tea, do you know if its real tea or powdered? One more question, do they give you glasses of water at dinner for free or do you need to get bottled water, we are very big water drinkers. Thanks so much

Soda is about $2. Coke products...no Pepsi. Water is free.

Water is free, but only Tap Water- you'll have to pay for bottled. On the Lido deck, there is usually tea, apple juice, and orange juice available 24 hours a day for free also. The orange juice is more like an orange mix though. Sodas definitely cost in all areas of the ship. I believe I've covered it all, but someone else please chime in if I've listed the freebies wrong.

Star ~ Carnival allows you to take a "reasonable amount" of soft drinks on board, and you can bring all the bottled water you like, as well. I'm a solo cruiser, and I take a six-pack of 16-oz. bottled Cokes to have in my cabin.

On Lido Deck, there is complimentary coffee, iced tea, fruit punch, juices, lemonade, and hot chocolate.

From room service, the same beverages. as well as milk and chocolate milk will be delivered to your cabin at no charge, but a small tip would be appropriate.

In the dining room, water, coffee, hot or iced tea, juice, and milk is available at no additional charge. Cappuccino and sometimes espresso are also available at no charge in the dining room. (However, there is a specialty coffee bar located elsewhere on the ship that DOES charge for coffee.)

When you first get into your cabin, you will see an assortment of soft drinks and large bottles of water. The soft drinks are $2.50 each, and the water (Evian, last time) was $3.25.

What I do is ask the room steward to remove all the bottles, which he does with no problem. He will keep plenty of ice in the ice bucket in your cabin. Just tell him when you need more.

Any other questions? We're all here to help.:)

Thanks for the quick replies. We're big water drinkers so I think I will bring a collapsible cooler with as much water as we can fit. If I check it with my luggage will I have a problem? Thank you.

Is it true that kids can get free soda at dinner in the dining room? Also, if I were to purchase the fountain card for adults do they also get 6oz glasses as the kids do on the fountain card? Any help is appreciated!

There seems to be varying opinions on this one. I have seen kids at nearby tables get comp Cokes with dinner (under 12 yr.old), and other folks have said their kids used their soda cards. Guess you'll just have to ask your waiter. Don't know anything about adult soft drinks, except that they aren't comp with meals.

Carnival policy states that kids 12 & younger can have complimentary soda, or "pop" as we call it here in Nebraska, with dinner when eating in the dining room. We did this in March on the Celebration and had no problems. Told our tablemates about it after the 1st night just as an FYI since they had 2 kids with them. When they ordered the pop the bar/cocktail server tried to make them sign their sail & sign receipt for it (in other words was going to charge them for it). I called the policy to her attention and she came back after a few minutes & stated that I was correct, pop was free to the kids. But that is ONLY in the dining room and ONLY at dinner I believe. Because of this, we did not buy a soda card. Just bought them the occasional additional soda but honestly, the punch and lemonade were enough most of the rest of the time along with the pop at dinner.

Star65....On the Sensation about 3 weeks ago, our kids were charged for soda in the dining room...$2.50 +gratuity. I don't know if the bar waiter screwed up or if that's the policy. Didn't want to ask & sound cheap.

hilltopfamily...I guess I was writing my post when you posted the answer. Looks to me like the bar waiters will take advantage if possible. Guess we should have stood up for ourselves a little more. It's a shame that they'll do that for what?..a few cents in gratuity?!

Looks to me like the bar waiters will take advantage if possible. ... It's a shame that they'll do that for what?..a few cents in gratuity?!

Oh, I really don't believe they would do that intentionally. I think perhaps they may not have been trained enough? I mean, as someone above said, the server went back somewhere to check and came back and said she was mistaken. Honest mistake, I think.

And by all means, ASK your waiter about the kids comp soft drinks with dinner. I'm pretty straight-forward, and always make sure of something -especially when I think I know what I'm talking about.:rolleyes:

Archived