***Cabin 11006 and 11001***

Cruise-Countess

Has anyone got comments re these QM2 cabins on Deck 11 for Aug/Sept Transatlantic crossings? I have heard mixed reviews that not only the higher the stateroom, the higher the price but the greater the movement felt? Are cabins this high up such a great idea I wonder??.....All reviews much appreciated!

We were in 11024 on the 29 May westbound crossing. My wife is "allergic" to the sea and any movement. She had no problem. We did have an extremely calm crossing however. But we felt no movement.

Has anyone got comments re these QM2 cabins on Deck 11 for Aug/Sept Transatlantic crossings? I have heard mixed reviews that not only the higher the stateroom, the higher the price but the greater the movement felt? Are cabins this high up such a great idea I wonder??.....All reviews much appreciated!

Hi

You're going to be paying a lot of money for a slightly smaller (than decks 4 5 6) balcony. This balcony could be near useless on a TA because of the winds (due to the forward speed) and the weather. Deck 11 balconies are not sheltered and are not very private (from your neigbours). The cabins in both A and B grades are identical other than the balconies. Then, as you point out, any motion of the ship will be felt up this high. They are great for a warm weather cruise (better than the hull holes on 4 5 6) but TA? Wouldn't be my choice. If you are set on either of these two cabins, then 11001 would be my choice. 11006's door is opposite the laundrette's door, never a good idea (noise). 11001 has passenger cabins on only one side. Both are very handy for the lifts (elevators).

Hope this helps, enjoy your crossing.

We're in the same boat (well, obviously), I mean, we're on deck 11 too (Aug 27 - Sept. 2).

I really enjoyed being on the upper deck (8) when we sailed on Disney's "Magic" and "Wonder". Looking at these posts however, I'm beginning to realize that my comparing a TA to a cruise is more like apples to oranges.

oops

Crosssing my fingers for some warm, smooth sailing!

I wouldn't worry about the launderette on deck 11 unless you are in an inside cabin. We were near one and I didn't even notice it. Have a great time!

Thanks...my travel agent said it should not be a problem having laundrette near our cabins as the laundrette has a steal door which keeps noise at bay...would have been surprised if this was an issue on a ship of QM2 calibre....but guess it never hurts to ask. :-)

Archived