ship tour

wilber1

About the only place most people get to see on the ships is the galley, which is usually offered on the last sea day. Other than that, I've not heard of anyone getting access to the bridge. You might check over on the Princess board. you'd get a lot more info there.

Charlie

We had a bridge tour on Island Princess in March of 2005. Ours was done by the Cruise Director. Vow renewal packages used to include a bridge tour, but I don't know if they still do. If it is something that you really want, I would send a note to the captain requesting it. Drop the note at the Purser's desk upon boarding. The worst that can happen is that you won't get an answer back, or the answer may be no.

You won't know unless you ask. While they say that tours of the engine room, galley and bridge don't happen since 9/11, you can always request a tour via letter. I wrote a short, concise letter to the Captain of a recent cruise requesting an engine room presentation, what I got was a call from the Chief Engineer with a personal tour of the engine "control" room, with some nice extras thrown in. Point is, if you don't ask, you definitely won't get anything, and it's much better to ask in writing, since that can be handled "hush-hush". If you're a sailor, merchant or Navy, that couldn't hurt to mention either.

Archived