I'm surely obsessed......

navywife06

I'm finding that because the Elation docks today, I'm waiting and hoping for reviews! I'm stalking my ship, wanting to know it's every move...

Please tell me I'm not alone on this one....

-Melissa

Elation 08/06/06!!!

Just returned from Elation sailing of 6/11 today. Had a good time! Ship is clean but well worn (carpets stained, paint chipped, finishes on walls and ceilings worn off, some lounge chairs have worn out backs and have a considerable wobble). Very dark decor in color and most areas have low ceilings. Ship has a strong cigarette smell throughout-stronger in some areas than others,but it hit me as we boarded the ship. Smell was faint in cabin. Probably because ventilation system is a little older and not as effective in cleaning the air. It doesn't help to have an "open area" cigar bar.

Food presentation in dining room was grand, portions small. Dining room service was slow -we were at a table of 6 in Imagination at 6:15 seatng, and dinner routinely took 2 hrs-we were often the last table to finish. Service improved on night 4. Dress code not enforced-6 people at table next to us wore shorts every night, and wore pants and tennis shoes for formal nights. About half of the men wore golf shirt with sport coat for formal nights - ladies wore dressy slacks and tops or cocktail dresses. Saw a handful of long dresses and no tuxes. Pizza available 24 hrs-usually a line.

Best photographers I have ever seen on ship--photos are excellent!

Pools and hot tubs clean-watch out for very hot water in hot tubs. Actually, had very hot water in cabin as well, which was great. Bedding is fabulous. We had our ports scrambled due to rough seas from tropical system-canceled Half Moon Cay but Nassau was added. Grand Turk needs much more development. Very few shops open-very little to do there but Margaritaville and pool. The beach is large but very rocky and not pleasant to use because of rocks under the water as well. Excursions are available-we went on horse and carriage tour which was disorganized, late, and started off with one of the carriages running over a dog at the complex, and driving off like nothing happened. Will be interesting to see how this port develops in 5-10 years.

Entertainment was wonderful-Vegas-like shows, adult comedians, jugglers. Very well done. CD is Jorge Solano and he's a hoot-makes everything fun. Good drink service in all areas.

And now, back to the laundry!!

Archived