Tickets to Leaning Tower of Pisa

We will be making a stop in Pisa on our way to Florence. Is it worth buying tickets to the tower and what do the tickets allow you to do? Can you actually climb the tower and is that something worth doing? How long does it take?:)

We were just there in May. They only let 10 people climb at a time, and they sell the tickets at half hour intervals. We were only a party of four (we were actually a party of 8 but 4 decided not to climb). We actually had a race to the top (husband , myself and 2 kids), I came in WAY last and it took me about 10 minutes. They have 2 guards at the bottom checking tickets and 1 guard at the top. The view is very nice (got some great pictures). If you have vertigo or claustrophobia you may want to rethink the climb, but if it's something that interests you, you may want to get your tickets online (the line was pretty long when we got there and it's in the little building right before you get to the tower. We got our tickets before we left (online) and were glad that we did. Time is pretty special on these excursions, anything one can do to avoid spending it in lines for tickets is a step ahead! Happy climbing!

www.opapisa.it

Archived