RCCL vs. Celebrity - Who Wins?

I do not remember the name of their ship, It was one of the newer gas turbines. And as for the pools being emptied, I know they are because I have seen them being emptied more than once, on the LOS, AOS, Radiance and the Empress. And not all of them are open 24 hours, even on AOS. On the Legend, our most recent RCI cruise, a 10 day cruise, the pools were emptied at least once a day.

And again you have your preferences, but I will not choose Celebrity anytime soon. Before I book a ship I take the virtual tours and Celebrity ships are not as open as the ones I do like . I love the big open atruims and the overall feel of RCI. I do not care for the look of any of the Celebrity ships and especially the ones with no balconys. If you like it, you ceratinly can go on it. I like being pampered to some degree but I also love activities and the more, the happier I am. Even the NCL Dawn, which is a newer ship was not one I would chose gain.

I am comparing the Radiance Class RCI ships to the Millenium Class X Ships: Loved both but here's my take: RCI Radiance takes the prize for sheer beauty and elegance of the ship itself. The RCI ships are bright, contemporary and stylish and wow--all that glass! The X ships, on the other hand, are very nice but much more subdued, some might even say on the sterile side. The interior decor, while nice, was not as much to my liking. The food and service in the dining room is where X shines and RCI falls short. No contest--X Dining room experience much better. RCI had better entertainment I thought, but now that X is teaming up with Cirque, they will be hard to beat. For lido dining, I loved the concept of the Windjammer on the RCI Radiance ships, BUT food never seemed to be hot, or even very warm. It tasted good, but they need to work on keeping it HOT. X's lido dining was hot, but I didn't think the food tasted all that great--good, just not great. Pools better on the RCI ships (especially the Solarium), Spa better on the RCI ships. Personally, I like both X and RCI and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either one, they just have their own strengths and weaknesses. NOW, if I could only have X food and service on the Radiance ships....

Couldn't have said it better myself! I totally agree!

Archived