Feb cruise

deeolasingh

Im booked on Destiny Feb 2007 is that a good time to cruise? I have only cruise once befor and that was in May..... Just wonder what kind of crowd I should expect. Meaning how many kids should I expect. I dont mind the kids just curious on my first cruise I didnt see many maybe 100 and that may be little high.

We cruised the Liberty last February (6 day Western Carribean) and loved it! Being from Wisconsin, we were ready to get away from the winter.

With with the exception of the first night when we were sailing to the Bahamas and the storms we're hammering the east coast, the weather was beautiful! And even that night it wasn't bad...it was actually kind of funny (we had taken our motion sickness stuff of course) because it seemed like people had a problem walking in a straight line.

Anyway, have to say that I feel bad for anyone that does get motion sickness because that was one of my main concerns (being our first cruise) so I just kept taking my bonine (once or twice a day), my husband took ginger root, and we were fine.

We saw more than a 100 kids (didn't bring our own), but I didn't really notice them too much.

All in all, it was a good cruise. In fact we're booked to sail next February on the Miracle but this time our 14-year-old son will be along. Can't wait!

We cruise every February. One thing you might to keep in mind is that many schools here in the Northeast have President's Week off from school and therefore, you can expect lots of children onboard that week. Hope this helps a bit. BTW- Destiny was one of my first cruises, absolutely loved it! :D

Nick

Thanks for all your replies...

Nick The cruise is the first week of Feb so I think we should be safe there...

Loveto... I know what you mean about the motions sickness thing I was good on my last/first cruise until almost the last day we got caught in what Capt. Nash (Golden Princess Capt) said was the worst storm he has encountered in his 20 years of service then I grab a couple packs of dramamine (I think thats how its spelled) slept for a couple of hours then I was fine.... (BTW that stuff makes you drowsey for a while)

• 1 month later...

Lil Bird, (sorry I am hyjacking) I see you are on the Miracle 2/11/07, and your countdown clock said BIG BIG reunion... UMMM, how BIG? Do we need to change ships??:D just kidding, we have about 26 people with us! we have a group that I joined that have started a thread if you want to come and say Hi. it is the one that say's something about Valentines cruise "valentines On The Miracle" 2/11/07 .

Sorry for hyjacking :D

Archived