Passports!

ILuvCarnival

Got our passports in Feb. Only took 3 weeks to receive, but make sure you check them very well. My daughters, had her sex listed as male. The application was filled out correctly as was her birth certificate, but there was a mistake, so be careful. I had to send it for a rewrite, which took another 2 weeks, (no charge). Just be sure to double check all of your information as soon as you get it.

Dayna

it says to make sure to have a passport for 2007. do i need a passport if i am planning on taking a cruise this july?

Depending on where you are going, you will not need the passport, only your birth certificate and photo ID. You would not have enough time to get the passport before leaving, unless you expedited it. No need to pay the big fees though. Get the passport after you return so you will be all set for the next cruise.

We had some trouble getting our 21 yr old daughter's passport earlier this year. Never showed up on the govt. web site even tho the check had been cashed. I talked to people at the passport agency but actually got the best results from a person at the post office where we had applied. They had "people" they could contact and then it came in just days.

I like flying using a passport--things go quicker when they see that instead of a DL.

Archived