Guaranteed Catagory

I'm relatively new at cruising and would like some help. In the past, I booked specific cabins. I'm sailing on 7/11 on the Conquest with a guaranteed 8A (for our cabin) and 4A (for the kids). I'm not particularly worried about being booked near the kids as they are old enough (21, 15, 12).

A few questions:

When I get to the terminal, how do I know what to tell the porter for luggage?

What's the worst that could happen? What's the best that could happen? What will we likely end up with?

Willy

If you booked guarantee, you rec'd gray luggage tags that designate TBA, right? When you get to the pier, find the porter holding the clipboard (he has the manifest). Give him your name(s) and he will give you new tags. EZ. WOW, your cruise is very soon.......Bon Voyage!

We always book a guarantee; we feel it is the best way to get an upgrade. Most of the time it is within the same category but on those rare occasions you could be upgraded to a suite; my sister and her hubby went from an 8A to an 11.

For us there is no drawback; we will continue to book early and book a guarantee.

Did you feel out your funpass ahead of time? On the back of the document in your book at the bottom shows your booking number and a numbe immediately following. This could be your room number, but don't write it on anything because it still could change. We got a one level upgrade ! Check it out and let us know if theres a number after the booking. Sorry you won't see my post, cause I'll be coming and you'll be going.

We have booked this way last 4 cruises, and have not been dissappointed. We really have no preference as to cabin location, so we roll the dice. We never go lower than an 8a (we have to have that balcony), and have been placed higher everytime, and also received credit on our account. We have not gotten that suite, but who knows whats in our future. We are going with kids this time, and dropped to two 6a's on the Fascination. TA said our bookings will be cross-referenced so we should be fairly close to each other. We are not expecting too much this cruise, just happy to be taking kids on their first cruise.

Good luck!

Did you feel out your funpass ahead of time? On the back of the document in your book at the bottom shows your booking number and a numbe immediately following. This could be your room number, but don't write it on anything because it still could change. We got a one level upgrade ! Check it out and let us know if theres a number after the booking. Sorry you won't see my post, cause I'll be coming and you'll be going.

Yes, I filled out our fun passes prior to getting the tickets. There are numbers directly before the booking number on the back page of the ticket book. But doesn't make sense. They are consecutive 2234 & 2235. These rooms equate to a 6A looking at the deck plans, not an 8A and 4A. Hope they didn't average it out.

That would suck and should NOT happen. Look at your agreement and make sure you booked an 8A guanarantee. Both those cabins are ocean view.

NO you dont take an ocean view. Take the agreement with you just in case.

I would also call the agent and ask her to verify what category you are booked at.

Archived