Bringing non-alcoholic beverages aboard

pbastedo

Does NCL allow a reasonable amount of non-alcoholic beverages (bottled water and soda) on board. When I traveled Carnival I packed a rolling cooler with a 12-pack of coke and a 12-pack of water and checked it in with my other bag. Has anyone done this or know if this is allowed?

Paul

Pride of Hawaii, July 17-24

I was on the Spirit in May and had 2, 12 packs of crazy diet flavors and 2, 12 pack small bottles of water. (it was covering both of us in the cabin)

I'm not a coke person and like crazy diet sodas. I took them with me to lunch and would get a glass with ice (no fridges on the spirit)

They did tag our luggage as "booze" but when they saw it was soda there was not a problem.

We brought sodas and water bottles and put it all in one of our luggages. Around 2pm when we were allowed to go to our rooms, we realized that we had only received 2 of our luggages and were still missing one (I think we overpacked, hehe). In the next hour or two, we found this yellow paper sticking out in our cabin door saying we had to go downstairs and have that one luggage checked out. They must have thought the sodas were beer or something. Even after seeing the coke cans, they did check out the rest of our bag and our water bottles to make sure. The guy checking our bag was nice though, said he was sorry but it was protocol for them to check the bags for any alcoholic beverages and other things that x-ray found "suspicious". But dont worry, it's okay to bring soda and water on-board. Enjoy your trip.

We were on the Spirit in February and brought cases of wild flavored sofa with not so much as a glance from anyone. My brother-in-law had a bottle of gin packed in his luggage and try took it away from him and returned it at disembaskment. But, that being said, the store onboard ship sold booze that was cheaper anyway, so he was a happy man.

Does NCL allow a reasonable amount of non-alcoholic beverages (bottled water and soda) on board. When I traveled Carnival I packed a rolling cooler with a 12-pack of coke and a 12-pack of water and checked it in with my other bag. Has anyone done this or know if this is allowed?

Paul

Pride of Hawaii, July 17-24

you can bring as much as you want of non-alcoholic beverages ;) and use that space to pack your sovineirs

Archived