How to Pack Summer Clothes for a Summer Cruise

Hi I know this sounds like a stupid question.....but I'll ask it anyway. I have never been on a cruise in the summer. We always (6 times) go in the winter; so it was relatively easy to pack my summer clothes. How do you figure out what to pack and keep it packed until you get on the ship? I keep putting things in and taking them out again...Help!

We (I mean "I") buy more clothes!:D This way we can stay packed and then I have no fears that I forgot something!

If you do not wish to buy more clothes, you could just do all of your laundry before you leave and then pack these things last minute. It is probably a good idea to wash all dirty clothes before leaving anyways... that way you do not come home to a smelly laundry room!

Enjoy your cruise!

I always ask what I definately will wear at least once and then throw in a couple of extra shirts that match several of my bottoms since I tend to spill on my tops a lot.

I tend to pick the items I constantly grab for in my closet. I leave at home the ones that hide in the back of my closet most of the year that I will not wear for some reason. It's best to bring mix and match clothing rather than something that matches next to nothing you own.

I think summer cruises are the easiest to pack for. i have been on all my cruises in the summer (being that i am here in Miami, it is realitively easy for me to go). You are basically in bathing suit all day, especially if you are going to the Islands. I would pack things and things and end up in my bathing suit and a wrap on top for 7 days straight. Even when you get off because you do excursions that require bathing suits (like snorkling). At night is also simple...shorts, sandals and cute skirts... It is hot and you need to be comfortable (plus you are in the islands, which is all about relaxation and drinking). So pack light and start having pina coladas... i think i am in worse shape.. what in the world does some one from MIAMI pack to go to Alaska??? I have never even seen snow (lol)

Thanks Everyone--

I guess I'll just have to buy new clothes! I'll let my DH read your respones how could he argue? It's hard because you just have favorite things to wear. It really is nuts since I have 29 days until we go. I guess I will also do laundry the day before and hope everything fits. We are going to Bermuda. I heard Bermuda is a little strict in their dress code, is this true?

Jetta2828 Yes, you will definately need to buy new clothes,especially a parka. Take it from a gal that only lives half way to Alaska,

We are going to Bermuda. I heard Bermuda is a little strict in their dress code, is this true?

Baroquevenus~

We took a cruise to Bermuda about 6 years ago and from what I remember, as long as you are dressed nicely, you are fine. It is a more wealthier country than say, Jamaica, but you will be fine in shorts/skirts and tees/polos. We did not feel out of place and we toured the whole island.

Have a great trip... it is really a beautiful place to visit.

Archived