Spoiled at Sea - Live from the Majesty, Cabin 901 - 06.11.06 - Part 1

angeljt

Spoiled at Sea 4 - Almost Live from the Majesty, Cabin 901

Another beautiful morning begins as we have coffee and muffins in the room while we goof off getting a slow start to our first full day in Bermuda.

We walked over to rent our scooters at Orleander's, and met Keenan. He sent us to the office to sign the contracts and pay for the scooters. They were $50 per day each, plus a $30 Repair Waiver each, and worth every penny. Keenan is a friendly Bermudian gentleman, quite the character, joking with us and just having fun. He explained the mechanics of the scooters with a brief demo and had us get the feel of them by driving around the small parking lot before we took off on our own.

We were off to Hamilton on our Hogs, with the wind blowing through our hair.....oops, I mean helmuts!!! It had been quite a while, but it felt great to be back on a bike, even if it was only a little scooter. It took us about 45 minutes to hamilton with lots of traffic. It wasn't a problem, except we had to stop every so often to make sure we were going the right way. It was so much fun, but you do need to be careful when driving.

We went to the Hog Penny for a drink and met an older woman who had been living in Bermuda for 30 years. Another character, and we enjoyed talking with her for a bit. After leaving the Hog Penny, we walked around town for a couple of hours, shopping and taking pictures before heading back. The trip back to St. George's only took us about 25 minutes and the traffic was much lighter. We went to Achilles Beach and went for a swim with two little Bermudian boys. The water was crystal clear and the views were fantastic, as they were everywhere on this island.

We headed back to the ship to the Polo Lounge for a martini or two. We decided to go to the buffet and had Jerk Pork, which was absolutely delicious, very tender and tasty. DH said it was better than the Jerk Chicken (with bones) that he had at the Seven Seas.

We went to Ted Holum's 9:30 PM show, which was entertaining, and I thought he was funny, although I started to doze toward the end of his show. This was not a reflection on him, just something that always seems to happen to me at most any show.

Off to bed to dream of another day or two in paradise.

Are you saying that they are now serving lunch in the dining room on Sunday when you embark on the ship, instead of having you go upstairs to the buffet.

Parrot Mom,

I'm sorry I missed answering this earlier. Yes, they were serving lunch in the Seven Seas on Sunday, and it was very good. Nothing like that first lunch with your whole cruise ahead of you.

What kind of parrots do you have?

Jackie

;) so far it sounds like your having a blast..........have a great cruise !!!

We did have a great time, thanks. :D We've been home for 3 weeks now and we're ready to go back.

Jackie

Archived