Fishing in Cozumel

cascole

Has anyone ever used this company? They seem to be the only company that offers a 'no port, no pay' policy...

http://www.fishingcozumel.net/

Also - I seem to remember a post about a company that actually had a grill that attached onto back of the boat, after fishing - the crew cooked up a meal right there. I can't find the post now, but if nayone remembers this company - please post the URL.

Thanks!

We have used many of the boats available through them although we have not booked through them directly. In fact, that is my Dad holding the sailfish (his first!) in the ad photo.

Whole day charters have always included lunch & beverages... but we have never grilled off the back of the boat. Knowing some of the boats and crew, I am sure if you ask ahead, they can accommodate you. What I can tell you is that you will have a great fishing experience( keeping in mind that sometimes the fish just don't bite).Hope this helps some.

What you may have read was a post about Cozumel Sailing. This is primarily a sailing excursion although they do drag lines while you sail. I have been twice and both times we have caught fish that were grilled at the back of the boat and added to the planned lunch. You can also charter the whole boat for a day of fishing. Check out:

http://www.cozumelsailing.com

Enjoy!

Has anyone ever used this company? They seem to be the only company that offers a 'no port, no pay' policy...

http://www.fishingcozumel.net/

Also - I seem to remember a post about a company that actually had a grill that attached onto back of the boat, after fishing - the crew cooked up a meal right there. I can't find the post now, but if nayone remembers this company - please post the URL.

Thanks!

Im looking at them too- just for the fact of the No Port No Pay! Of the other 2 companies- 1 didn't sound like they work with cruise passengers very well; no $ back if you dont stop in Coz; The other only allows 4 people-I need 6.:(

Does anyone have any other suggestions??

We used cancunvista.com and where very pleased. They also do Cozumel fishing trips (this is were we actually used them, not in Cancun). I e-mailed them and they called me on land line to answer all my questions as we were taking our five grandchildren with us. They did have a no port no pay policy. When we were not catching anything deep sea fishing they switched to bottom fishing so our grandchildren could catch fish and after that every cast they caught something. They had a blast. They also took us to a small private beach so they could swim. We take them on vacation every year and they said this was the most fun they had ever had. We did not ask about cooking the fish. We opted to let the crew keep all the fish we caught. They were so thankful. They seem to have just as much fun with the grandkids as the grandkids had with them.

We used cancunvista.com and where very pleased. They also do Cozumel fishing trips (this is were we actually used them, not in Cancun). I e-mailed them and they called me on land line to answer all my questions as we were taking our five grandchildren with us. They did have a no port no pay policy. When we were not catching anything deep sea fishing they switched to bottom fishing so our grandchildren could catch fish and after that every cast they caught something. They had a blast. They also took us to a small private beach so they could swim. We take them on vacation every year and they said this was the most fun they had ever had. We did not ask about cooking the fish. We opted to let the crew keep all the fish we caught. They were so thankful. They seem to have just as much fun with the grandkids as the grandkids had with them.

Here is a better link: http://cancunvista.com/travel/cancun_fishing.htm#coz

In my experience, the Cozumeléno's adore well behaved children and letting the crew keep the fish was a great thing to do.

Archived