The-Dive-Bus - Curacao

bling19572010

Jmat-

Bruce has already provided the link to my review on this board. There are also some postings from CC members that went on the trip with me, including one from a diver that took a refresher and another from a Discover diver and a snorkeler.

We are returning to Curacao at the end of October at the end of our Panama Canal cruise on the Radiance. I have already booked more dives at the hut with Suzy and Mark, and am working on another CC group for this trip.

I would fly down there to dive and hang out for a week if the airfare wasn't so outrageous.

If you get there before I do, tell them hey from Wendy and Keith, and to save some cold Polars for us.

My camera flooded on the first dive of the trip, so the underwater photos are from Instructor Chris, one of the divers we added to the group while on-board. The leadoff photo is of our Empress group on the way there. http://community.webshots.com/user/wendyandkeith/

I know you'll have a great time!

Wendy

• 3 months later...

I noticed your great review of the Dive Bus folks in Curacao. We will be on a cruise in November and have never been to Curacao. I am debating whether to dive (Dive Bus) or snorkel (tugboat site via ship excursion). I am bringing my two kids who are 14 and 16 and was thinking of a discover dive for them. How was the site for the discover diving group? My husband and I are both certified, would we be bored doing the dive with them? Or, is the snorkeling so good at tugboat that we should pass on intro diving at this stop. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

JoAnne

It's the easiest diving you will ever do! NO boat to worry about, and the reef is absolutely gorgeous...and right there.

We actually had three 'groups' on our last trip.

Group 1 - 3 'old hand' divers: me@350+, DH@250+, and Instructor Chris.

Group 2 - 3 newer divers: 2 folks with a few dives each, and a guy that had not been in a few years.

Group 3 - 3 Discover divers & 1 refresher diver.

Suzy and Mark believe in small groups, so 4 is the usual limit. That's true personal service.

Since it's your kids, you might want to do your 1st dive while they are in 'class' and doing their practice dive, and do your second dive together as a family.

Suzy will be happy to set up your day any way you want it.

We are taking another group of assorted divers, Discover divers, snorkelers, and hanger outers on our Radiance cruise (10/07), and will be in Curacao on Oct 19th. Currently, we have 3 divers, 3 Discover divers, and about a dozen snorkelers. We might pick up some more on the ship, though.

Hopefully the camera will work this time despite the flood we had this spring, and we can get some of our own pix this time.

Suzy's E-mail is suzy@the-dive-bus.com

Have a great time & drink a Polar for me!

Wendy

Actually, I use my wetsuit almost all the time - it's a 2 mil, and I always go through the agony of wear it or not. Same with the hood (YUK!).

I find the southern caribbean to be colder than my usual diving in South Florida, so I usually end up wearing the wetsuit and getting cold as well.

If it's colder than I can take in the 2mil, I don't dive. I gave away a 3-mil, and have a quarter inch farmer john in the closet that's probably dry-rotted by now.

Hopefully, Dive Santa is going to bring me a Hotskin for Xmas this year, so I won't have to freeze my a&& off diving the end of February and beginning of March on our spring cruise.

Suzy and Mark at The Dive Bus use TUSA gear for rentals, and it looked absolutely brand-new when I was there.

I'm so excited that we'll be back there in less than three weeks!

Wendy

Archived